12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

1. So much less stress when the Rams win this way. They should do that every week!

2. Yes, the Rams were supposed to beat this Giants team handily. But "should" does not always translate to "did," so its still cause for celebration.

3. Matthew Stafford was very sharp and made some amazing throws. I particularly liked the TD pass to Henderson. Very Warner-to-Faulk-like.

4. Speaking of Henderson... while he has received warranted criticism regarding his durability, he is a very consistent producer when he plays.

5. Cooper Kupp (despite a drop that resulted in Stafford's INT) was dominant. He has been as good as any WR in football this year.

6. The defense really came to play today, filling the stat sheet with sacks and turnovers.

7. With Lewis and Obo both healthy and making plays, the OLB spot opposite Floyd is suddenly a strength.

8. Floyd, by the way, is playing at a Pro Bowl level.

9. After getting a bad Rapp for his coverage this year (see what I did there), it was nice to see Taylor make two big plays.

10. The growing pains continue for Robert Rochell (his INT was the result of a receiver falling, more than anything), but I still think there is potential there.

11. Perhaps the right answer to "what will make the defense improve" is "gaining confidence by playing a few bad offenses.

12. Arizona is still rolling, but its a long season.

13. Take Dallas... they were talked up all week as contenders. Now, they're on the ropes (down by three with 2 minutes to go) against a mediocre Patriots team.

14. Or the Chargers. Many had them as contenders and at least one commentator had Herbert as the best QB in football. Today, they got their asses beat by the Ravens.

15. If the league is serious about addressing taunting, Aaron Rodgers should be fined for his "I own you" comment to Bears fans.

16. Don't think we'll be seeing a Stafford/Wolford QB controversy any time soon.

17. If I was a Giants fan, I would not have been happy to see Daniel Jones still playing in the 4th Quarter.

18. Johnny Mundt is a loss. The Rams have drafted two TEs in the last two years, though (Hopkins, Harris), so... next man up.

19. Do the Rams make a move before the trade deadline? I'd say that, if the answer is yes, it will be for a DB.

20. Is it me, or do you expect that, when McVay talks about Jared Goff coming to play the Rams this week, his tone will be reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's "I'm having an old friend for dinner" line at the end of Silence of the Lambs?

by ramsman34
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

What happened to Mundt?

Not that there isn’t more meat in that post, Avenger. 🤠

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:What happened to Mundt?

Not that there isn’t more meat in that post, Avenger. 🤠

The team didnt make any announcements on Mundt yet,

But sounds like he has a very bad knee issue.

by actionjack
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

A few things....

1. Rapp has played pretty well under the radar this year, nice to see it come to pass in this game with the 2 Ints. I think many were down on him with the whole defensive issues, but he has been good.

2. More Donte Deayon

3. I have zero issue with Rodgers taunting fans in a clean manner, should never be a flag. I thought it was awesome.

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:3. I have zero issue with Rodgers taunting fans in a clean manner, should never be a flag. I thought it was awesome.

Standing alone, I agree that it should not be an issue (though, unlike you, I'd use the word "juvenile" rather than "awesome" to describe it).

My point is, the league has implemented a near zero tolerance policy for player to player taunting. If they truly believe that is necessary, it should apply to these types of displays (I'd also list the pelvic gyrating TD celebration of Tyreek Hill yesterday in DC) as well.

by actionjack
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Standing alone, I agree that it should not be an issue (though, unlike you, I'd use the word "juvenile" rather than "awesome" to describe it).

My point is, the league has implemented a near zero tolerance policy for player to player taunting. If they truly believe that is necessary, it should apply to these types of displays (I'd also list the pelvic gyrating TD celebration of Tyreek Hill yesterday in DC) as well.

Yeah its probably a little juvenile, but it is a game right? All Rodgers said was he owned them, which is completely true lol.

Until the fans can get fined, I am fine with clean taunts from the NFL players, we know the players constantly get taunted by fans and not in a nice way...so why not.

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I guess this goes in whatever thread we're talking about the Rodgers taunting?

So DK Metcalf thinks a 3 time Super Bowl Champion and HOF inductee is a "washed up wanna-be"??????

Wow.

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:And somebody talked to DK (or is he being sarcastic, i don't really understand emojis):

It would not surprise me if he only vaguely understood that Sharpe was a player and, after his ridiculous Tweet, was informed and went back for damage control.

These kids today!

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 19 2024