85 posts
  • 6 / 9
 by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Not a big deal but i don't see the Stafford int as being very significant. Yeah it gave up our chance to score some points on that drive but if that pass had been incomplete, we didn't convert on 3rd down, punted and pinned them on their own 13 nobody would be saying anything about that drive.

They went 87 yards and scored a TD and that's not because they got the ball off of a turnover.

The Michel fumble on the other hand was very costly...

by HopHead Ram
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Not a big deal but i don't see the Stafford int as being very significant. Yeah it gave up our chance to score some points on that drive but if that pass had been incomplete, we didn't convert on 3rd down, punted and pinned them on their own 13 nobody would be saying anything about that drive.

They went 87 yards and scored a TD and that's not because they got the ball off of a turnover.

The Michel fumble on the other hand was very costly...

To me, That fumble was the turning point of the game. I think once they scored, McVay went into panic mode and went away from the gameplan.

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:Personnel Grouping VS AZ

PG/Personnel Grouping,,, DB/Drop back,,, RA/Run Attempts

11PG 58/plays 91% DB/39 RA/19
12PG 6/plays 9% DB/2 RA/4

Total 64/Plays DB/41 RA/23

McVay used a heavy dose of 11PG

The balance game between the run vs pass ratio was off, due to getting behind.

RAMs 25min vs Cards 35min

Our OL/TE/RB play looked good in the pass protection only giving up 0 sack, and 5 QB Hit, helped produce opening up holes for the run game at 121yds and 280 passing yds.
But our two costly TO cost us the game with an INT and a fumble by Michel and AZ scoring 14 points off those TO.

Stafford was in Shotgun formation on 40 plays.

stats

Stafford:
41/att 26/comp 63%/completion 280yds, 0/sack 2/TD 1/INT 89.5/Passer rating

Van Jefferson:
6/Targets 6/Rec 90/yds 1/TD

Darrell Henderson:
14/Att 89/yds 6.4/avg

so let me get this straight.. Hendo was avg 6.4 yds a pop & we give up on that? wtf, this is not rocket science people!!! sheesh

by ziggy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

I think the main problem is that once we got behind 2 scores and we didn’t seem to have a way to stop the Cards when they got the ball… we felt like we needed a home run with every play we had left.

So, yes, we stopped running. Maybe prematurely, but if we had a defense we could trust to get us the ball back before a +7, maybe we could have been more patient.

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I really don't have a problem with not running very much. We're arguably the best passing team in the NFL and we were in a likely shootout with the #1 team in offensive points.

The defense was terrible even considering the challenge and Stafford was off, that's pretty much the whole story as far as i'm concerned...

by rams74
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I really don't have a problem with not running very much. We're arguably the best passing team in the NFL and we were in a likely shootout with the #1 team in offensive points.

The defense was terrible even considering the challenge and Stafford was off, that's pretty much the whole story as far as i'm concerned...

Stafford was terrible on Sunday.

The defense is a big problem. And I'm not sure the defensive issues can all be laid at Morris' feet. That would be nice if it's just a scheme issue and not personnel. But these guys cannot stop the run, or pressure the QB effectively, and one or more of the DBs is suspect in coverage. That's a big problem.

As much as I think Stafford is capable of flipping a switch and being great again on Thursday night, overall, I've got a bad feeling about this.

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:Stafford was terrible on Sunday.

The defense is a big problem. And I'm not sure the defensive issues can all be laid at Morris' feet. That would be nice if it's just a scheme issue and not personnel. But these guys cannot stop the run, or pressure the QB effectively, and one or more of the DBs is suspect in coverage. That's a big problem.

As much as I think Stafford is capable of flipping a switch and being great again on Thursday night, overall, I've got a bad feeling about this.

Losses can make one question many things. Wins can cause one to overlook some things. These Rams, for now, are somewhere in the middle. Maybe if we look at the numbers (and I haven't), I suspect this years defense isn't much different than last years.

They've allowed 92 points this year, 80 last year. If not for a garbage time 7 by Tampa this year and a terrific pick by DWill against the Giants last year, the numbers could be almost even. To use a cliche 'it's probably not as bad as it appears'.

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

My Game Assessment against the Hags

I'm going to start my comments with the OL.

They once again played a great game.

They kept Staff clean most of the game, only giving up 1 sack and 3 QB Hits.

Then opening up wholes for our RBs a combo of Hollywood Henderson and Sony Michel,
Gaining 119yds between the both of them. With one TD each.

Our recieving crew just was outstanding, Bobby Tree with 12/Rec and 150yds, Kupp 7/Rec and 92yds, DJax 1/Rec and 68yds, Higbee 2/Rec and 14yds and 1/TD

Stafford, started off slow again, over throwing his receivers but picked it up after the first QTR.

Staff stats:
37/Atts 25/comp 67% comp%, 365/yds 1/TD 1/INT 97.2/Passer rating

Defense:
We have to start with AD, he became the all time sack leader for the RAMs.
His stats:
7 combine tackles, 1/sack, 2/TFL, 3/QB hits, 1/PD

Defensive stats: 2/sacks, 4/TFL 5/QB hits, 5/PD giving up only 17pts.

ST had its up and downs, Gay kicking twice out of bounds on KO and missing a XP,
But came through in the end with a FG to secure the game.

Overall, a good win in thier house, and silent the Hags fans... :D :D :D

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
Superstar

Personnel Grouping VS Hags

PG/Personnel Grouping,,, DB/Drop back,,, RA/Run Attempts

11PG 50/plays 75% DB/34 RA/16
12PG 17/plays 25% DB/4 RA/13

Total 67/Plays DB/38 RA/29

McVay used a heavy dose of 11PG, with 25% of 12PG

Played a balance game between the pass vs run ratio, 56% / 44%

RAMs 33min vs Hags 27min

Our OL/TE/RB play looked great in the pass protection only giving up 1 sack, and 3 QB Hit,
helped produce opening up holes for the run game at 118yds and 365 passing yds.

Stafford was in Shotgun formation on 34 plays.

stats

Stafford:
37/att 25/comp 67%/completion 365yds, 1/sack 1/TD 1/INT 97.2/Passer rating

Bobby Tree:
14/Targets 12/Rec 150/yds 12.5/avg

Cooper Kupp:
10/Targets 7/Rec 92/yds 13.1/avg

Darrell Henderson:
17/Att 82/yds 4.8/avg 1/TD

Team Defense:
2/sacks, 4/TFL, 5/QB Hit, 2/INT 5/PD

SJD leading in 3/TKL 5/AST 8/Comb

AD was a monster with 5/TKL 2/AST 7/Comb 2/TFL 3/QB hit 1/PD and knocking out Wilson.

Overall, a great game by the RAMs on D and O,
and ST when it was needed at the end of the game with a FG to put the game out of reach.

by 69RamFan
2 years 5 months ago
Superstar

My Game Assessment against the Gmen

I'm going to start my comments with the OL again.

They once again played a great game.

They kept Staff clean most of the game, only giving up 2 sack and 4 QB Hits.

Then opening up wholes for our RBs a combo of Hollywood Henderson and Sony Michel,
Gaining 120yds between the both of them. With two TD from Hendo, one rushing and one receiving.

Our recieving crew just was outstanding, Kupp 9/Rec and 130yds 2/TD, Bobby Tree 2/Rec 31yds 1/TD, Higbee 5/Rec 36yds

Stafford, had a great game, and I dont count that INT against him,
Kupp dropped that ball in which it reflected off his hand and into a defenders hands for a INT.

Staff stats:
28/Atts 22/comp 78%/comp%, 251/yds 4/TD 1/INT 128.7/Passer rating

Defense:
We have to start with AD again, he was a recken ball out there for the RAMs.
His stats:
2 combine tackles, 1/2 /sack, , 1/QB hits, 1/PD, even though his numbers don't look alot, he was creating for others since he was being double teams most of the day and still causing a havoc.

Second, Taylor Rapp, had a hell of a day. 4 comb tackles, 1 QB hit, and TWO INTs

Defensive stats: 4 /sack, 4/TFL 7/QB hits, 6/PD 3/INT, 265/total yds given up, and giving up only 11pts and seven of those points came off backup players.

ST played mistake free, except for the Refs taking away a pass play from Hekker to our WR/Gunner/ Skowronek by calling a penalty, that was unexplained.

Overall, a great win in thier house, and silent the Gmen fans, actually they were booing their own players... :D :D :D

• 6 / 9
85 posts Apr 16 2024