171 posts
  • 12 / 18
 by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I was surprised. They asked 5 or 6 football questions of McVay. Thought for sure it would ALL be about Gruden.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by BobCarl
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

by /zn/
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

UtahRam wrote:Are you implying people can't change? Yes, it was 10 years ago and maybe he's a changed man. I don't know him and neither do you. Douse that torch with water, son, and take a chill pill.

No I am not implying people can't change. What I am saying is that "10 years ago" is 2012, not 1961. In 2012 plenty of people already knew not to be racist, homophobic, and/or sexist. So saying it was all said "10 years ago" doesn't mean anything to me--when it comes to these issues, plenty of people were not thinking in those terms, ie. the way Gruden was. And by that I don't mean that they were smart enough not to say racist, homophibic, and/or sexist things. No, I mean they were aware enough to not think that way.

So "10 years ago" was NOT the dark ages. I don't buy the idea that 10 years ago most white men like Gruden would be embarassed by their emails. No, 10 years ago there were plenty of people who would not be embarassed by their emails.

Besides. If Gruden did change since then then he certainly has the power to say so. Did he say so? If he had changed you would think that would be one of the first things he would say about himself. "I accept my fate, I regret I used to be that way, but I think it's important to add that I have changed". Easy enough to say.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

It wasn't just execs and Dan Snyder: there might be email chains where topless pictures of Washington Redskins cheerleaders were passed around team coaches.

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

.. whoah, not touching this one (lol)

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Getting back to the LA Times article i posted, and if i understand this right, the leak was from a court case filed by Snyder not necessarily the WFT investigation itself...

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

nice post @St. Loser Fan .. i think it's safe to say that "the proverbial cat is officially out of the bag"

by Haden
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I think Gruden is just misunderstood.

by majik
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

The person who most benefits from this leak is Davis who gets out of the horrible contract he gave Gruden.

Will leaks come out about Snyder? Will he be finally forced to sell the team? Or is just devoid of shame and refuse to divest himself from the team if emails and documents make Gruden look like a choirboy compared to Synder?

• 12 / 18
171 posts Apr 19 2024