51 posts
  • 5 / 6
 by max
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Goff is Goff. Throws a very pretty ball. But the turnovers are part of his game. He fumble twice, lost one of them, then gets picked on an all to familiar play.

Anyone who said he solved his turnover issue was wrong.

by ziggy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

AR manufactures and fully takes advantage of free plays. Beyond that he’s often catching defenses off guard. Without these stunts I think he’s actually pretty ordinary. I guess if he’s got anything is that he can make quick, accurate improvised throws.

I don’t know how you coach a player like that. So the game plan is to make havoc then take advantage…. I’m kinda tired of his play style— seems cheap.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Goff is Goff. Throws a very pretty ball. But the turnovers are part of his game. He fumble twice, lost one of them, then gets picked on an all to familiar play.

Not trying to white knight for Goff, but he’s not used to rain. Let’s see how things trend indoors.

Did/do the Rams even bother with wet ball drills?

Plus I guess it’s good they knocked their Green Bay trip out now instead of late in the season.

by Haden
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2132  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

max wrote:Goff is Goff. Throws a very pretty ball. But the turnovers are part of his game. He fumble twice, lost one of them, then gets picked on an all to familiar play.

He goffed it!!!!!

by RedAlice
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Not trying to white knight for Goff, but he’s not used to rain. Let’s see how things trend indoors.

Plus I guess it’s good they knocked their Green Bay trip out now instead of late in the season.

I seem to recall Goff playing fine in rain.

by actionjack
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

That game was the perfect example of Goff. Looked amazing in the first half going 13-16 for 2 TD's, than when he is needed he fumbles the center exchange and throws a terrible INT.

by actionjack
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

St. Loser Fan wrote:Not trying to white knight for Goff, but he’s not used to rain. Let’s see how things trend indoors.

Not use to rain??? He played in the bay area in the winter, played in the Pac 12 which goes to Oregon and Washington. Goff when given time can carve up a team but the turnovers will always keep him from being top 10.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Not use to rain??? He played in the bay area in the winter, played in the Pac 12 which goes to Oregon and Washington. Goff when given time can carve up a team but the turnovers will always keep him from being top 10.

As a pro. SoCal and 300 (or more) days of sun a year +. 8 home games guaranteed dry.

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Goff was pretty well known for being good in rain from Cal. Fisher famously made him throw a wet ball when working him out. And whether it was Seattle, London, whatever, Goff did well in wet games. Cold not so much but wet was not a problem for Goff as a Ram...

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

The RAMs will only play 7 games outdoors this season with only two game being played during cold weather back in the east coast against GB and the Ravens.

• 5 / 6
51 posts Apr 16 2024