1540 posts
  • 152 / 154
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I really wonder if the Chargers business model has evolved to 15,000 “home” fans and 50,000 to 60,000 road fans? Maybe they started thinking they’d get 20,000 up from San Diego, 40,000 new LA fans and 15,000 road fans.

But butts in seats are butts in seats. Road fans still pay $100 park and $16 for beer.

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:I really wonder if the Chargers business model has evolved to 15,000 “home” fans and 50,000 to 60,000 road fans? Maybe they started thinking they’d get 20,000 up from San Diego, 40,000 new LA fans and 15,000 road fans.

But butts in seats are butts in seats. Road fans still pay $100 park and $16 for beer.

Alas I think so. It kind of reminds me of that quote from Goodfellas when they are selling on the stolen goods "It doesn't matter. It's all profit".

$1 a year to be in the greatest stadium in the world with zero risk, keeps all the parking and concession money, no problem filling the stadium with people in LA, regardless of type of fan, and has a fantastic suite. Add to that the NFL has a no flipping clause when you move a team I don't any scenario of them leaving.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Alas I think so. It kind of reminds me of that quote from Goodfellas when they are selling on the stolen goods "It doesn't matter. It's all profit".

$1 a year to be in the greatest stadium in the world with zero risk, keeps all the parking and concession money, no problem filling the stadium with people in LA, regardless of type of fan, and has a fantastic suite. Add to that the NFL has a no flipping clause when you move a team I don't any scenario of them leaving.

Well when you put it that way. They still need to go though.

iirc, it's $1. per game but I could be misremebering..

by snackdaddy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Its pretty clear that the stadium is unmatched anywhere. All I hear about is how impressive it is. I'm sure in the future someone's gonna try to do better. But right now it is clearly the best. Heck, look at McVay's post game locker room speech on the road. Those locker rooms look nothing like Sofi's. Jerrah World might come close. But Stan World is now the best.

by snackdaddy
2 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:This is the first time I’ve seen this complaint explained.

Sounds like Belicheck has been giving someone advice on how to build a visitor locker room.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Lmao. Visitors, shut up and take your beat down. Then blame it on the facilities.

At least it’s not painted pink like some college teams have done.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Sounds like Belicheck has been giving someone advice on how to build a visitor locker room.

Maybe. Drop ceiling to hide listening devices in sounds like a Belicheat move.

• 152 / 154
1540 posts Apr 16 2024