379 posts
  • 19 / 38
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Not an NFL stadium any more: but there's a new proposal to redo the St. Louis convention center that involves tearing down the TWA/Edward Jones Dome.

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... -top-story

If it happens, I say "good riddance". Many happy memories, some not so good but a horrible venue overall.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Those magic words:
“You have refused to engage in good faith discussions”

by jackburginjr
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   92  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Well at least your honest about being bitter. NOthing wrong with him having more than one sports team. That is why the owners for the most part hire a GM, coaches, and all that to run things. Hmm, Rams in the playoffs for the most part, just barely missing the one season in 2019. The Nuggets are contenders in the NBA in their Conference, Avalanche in the playoffs on a regular basis, Rapids in their league doing well, not bad, The mammoth pretty much a yearly team in the playoffs in their league, the Gladiators in the playoffs since he has owned them so doing well there, The guerillas, well I don't know much about that team . Anyhow Nah he has plenty of oars in the water. His teams are doing well. His team of lawyers will do well also and will crush that lawsuit from STL that should not even be allowed. Good day .

by Nick Douglas
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   48  
Undrafted Free Agent

St. Loser Fan wrote:Those magic words:

Kroenke went above and beyond when it came to engaging in good faith discussions. The lease promised the Rams a modern stadium, and the locals refused to honor the lease. Kroenke and the city even went through a big legal process, which included the Rams spending millions putting together an architectural design of what a modern NFL renovation at TWA Dome would look like. St. Louis didn’t want to be an NFL town. Cut and dried.

by Nick Douglas
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   48  
Undrafted Free Agent

Nick Douglas wrote:Kroenke went above and beyond when it came to engaging in good faith discussions. The lease promised the Rams a modern stadium, and the locals refused to honor the lease. Kroenke and the city even went through a big legal process, which included the Rams spending millions putting together an architectural design of what a modern NFL renovation at TWA Dome would look like. St. Louis didn’t want to be an NFL town. Cut and dried.

Here’s the plan the Rams put together to stay in St. Louis, if anyone’s interested: https://nxstrib-com.go-vip.net/wp-conte ... msdocs.pdf

The dome renovation was pegged at $700 million by the STL convention people, who opposed the Rams’ plan. Even if we take their estimate at face value, that’s about $35 million/year for a city that has an annual operating budget over $1 billion. It was about priorities, and St. Louis didn’t think the Rams were a priority.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

So it sounds like part of this stuff in Chicago is to make noise about gambling. The Cubs knocked down the old Captain Morgan bar/club on the first base side of Wrigley and are building a sports book right now. It appears as though the Bears want the same but there are a few problems:
1) the city of Chicago owns Soldier Field and laws don't permit gambling on city owned property
2) the city of Chicago has super restrictive laws about what can be built on the east side of Lake Shore Drive
3) Soldier Field is surrounded by park space and museums. There's no place for the Bears to build a nearby sports book.

This is just the Bears trying to expedite a move to the suburbs.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Soldier Field like the Coliseum are iconic NFL stadiums who are now being put out to pasture. Sort of sad really. But then I woke up in SoFi.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Soldier Field like the Coliseum are iconic NFL stadiums who are now being put out to pasture. Sort of sad really. But then I woke up in SoFi.

I miss this.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:I miss this.

Me too. The 'Parthenon' structure was so cool. Character +.
I also should have included Busch.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Me too. The 'Parthenon' structure was so cool. Character +
I also should have included Busch.

In my dream world the Bears rip out the flying saucer, dig down 50-80-100 feet and leave the outer ring/columns as the top of the stadium.

• 19 / 38
379 posts Apr 16 2024