2 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

So.....

Seattle beats Indy (in Indy) last week and gets beat in OT by Tennessee (at Seattle) after leading 24-9 at the half and 30-16 with under 2 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter.

SF beats Detroit 41-33 (on the road) after leading 41-17 with 10 minutes to play in the 4th, then beats Philly 17-11 (on the road).

Arizona beats Tennessee 38-13 (in Tennessee) and gets by Minnesota (at home) 34-33 when their kicker misses a 37 yd FG with time expiring (his second miss of the game).

The Rams handle Chicago 34-13 (at home) and squeaked by Indy 27-24 (in Indy) after surviving a botched punt TD.

Tampa squeaked by Dallas and allowed Atlanta to get within 3 after 3 quarters
Green Bay got trounced by the Saints and should beat the hell out of Detroit tonight
The Saints trounced Green Bay and got trounced by Carolina
Carolina squeaked by the Jets and trounced the Saints.
Washington got beat by the Chargers and squeaked by the Giants
Dallas barely got beat by Tampa and squeaked by the Chargers

I'm not seeing dominance by any of these teams but it's the equivalent of the third week of preseason. Things will change, to be sure. So where do we stand? We're #2 in the NFC in points scored and #4 in points allowed. I'm not worried about anybody right now.

NOTE: Oddly enough, Seattle plays 0-2 Minnesota who have lost 2 games by a total of 4 points, SF plays Green Bay next Sunday night, the Rams play Tampa and Arizona plays the freaking Jaguars. In the crazy world that is the NFL, it's feasible Arizona could be leading the division alone at 3-0 next Monday!!! But then they have to come to L.A.!!!

by CRamsFly
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Excellent point about NFL being a competitive league. I agree that Arizona could very well be in sole possession of 1st place in the NFC West after next week. However, I think it's also very possible that the Rams win next week against the Bucs. ;)

Go Rams!!

• 1 / 1
2 posts Apr 16 2024