874 posts
  • 49 / 88
 by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:I bet the Bears get nasty when they try to get out of Soldier Field and to the suburbs. It’s what the Atlanta Braves did to escape to Cobb County.

So St. Louis shouldn’t have tried to keep the Rams? Solid logic.

Sounds like you agree that the Rams behavior was par for the course in these severance situations. So who swung the biggest stick ? Apparently ESK did so now StL doubles down sues him / the league for leaving after StL screwed up ?
It's how they went about their business that may have prompted ESK's response. And if the region wanted to keep the boon from LA forever, perhaps they should have owned up to and kept their end of the bargain instead of having to go against the owners wishes by force. It might have been better to throw a reasonable deal his way. Mismanagement is the culprit and the powers that be there need to take a close look at themselves in the mirror.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Sounds like you agree that the Rams behavior was par for the course in these severance situations. So who swung the biggest stick ? Apparently ESK did so now StL doubles down sues him / the league for leaving after StL screwed up ?
It's how they went about their business that may have prompted ESK's response. And if the region wanted to keep the boon from LA forever, perhaps they should have owned up to and kept their end of the bargain instead of throwing the kitchen sink at the team to go against the owners wishes. It might have been better to throw a reasonable deal his way.

I agree with a lot of what Stan said about St. Louis. I’m not going to blow smoke or lie about our numerous issues. I have issues with which the degree they went to and how it was done. Stan won the fight but then kept kicking while St. Louis was down.

Again: the NFL could have stopped these lawsuits by giving St. Louis favored status. Prove me wrong.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:I agree with a lot of what Stan said about St. Louis. I’m not going to blow smoke or lie about our numerous issues. I have issues with which the degree they went to and how it was done. Stan won the fight but then kept kicking while St. Louis was down.

Again: the NFL could have stopped these lawsuits by giving St. Louis favored status. Prove me wrong.

Did he win the fight first? I believe the fight was won when the vote was taken in Houston. ESK made his comments prior so he didn't kick anybody who was down , , yet. Or are you suggesting they already knew? If so why spend the money? This lawsuit sounds like a bunch of sour grapes and a deflection from the foolish money they spent trying to force the owner to stay against his will when they knew they had already blown the bit.
And frankly, StL was lucky the Charaider thing happened which prolonged the inevitable for that extra year when the money got spent. Perhaps StL should sue the Chargers and Raiders individually too. Makes as much sense to me.
So after all that happened, twice, does StL deserve favored status? Don't ask the Rams and Cardinals. I'm sure the problems there go deeper than just NFL football teams.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Did he win the fight first? I believe the fight was won when the vote was taken in Houston. ESK made his comments prior so he didn't kick anybody who was down , , yet. Or are you suggesting they already knew? If so why spend the money? This lawsuit sounds like a bunch of sour grapes and a deflection from the foolish money they spent trying to force the owner to stay against his will when they knew they had already blown the bit.
And frankly, StL was lucky the Charaider thing happened which prolonged the inevitable for that extra year when the money got spent. Perhaps StL should sue the Chargers and Raiders individually too. Makes as much sense to me.
So after all that happened, twice, does StL deserve favored status? Don't ask the Rams and Cardinals. I'm sure the problems there go deeper than just NFL football teams.

St. Louis doesn’t deserve a football team or favored status. Have I ever claimed that?

All I’m saying is some little white lies from the NFL would have gotten them out of these lawsuits.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:St. Louis doesn’t deserve a football team or favored status. Have I ever claimed that?

No, but you claimed it was the plausible reason the suit had legs.. As a result I assumed you stood by that position.

by jackburginjr
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   92  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

The fact of the matter is, if I were a judge I would not only throw out this lawsuit, I would order STL, and the others to pay for the legal expenses of The Rams . STL is lying. The fault lays with the political leaders of STL, MO, and that is the facts of the case. If they had followed the contract they signed, and committed to to get the Rams to STL in the first place. The Rams would still be there. Instead STL, let the Dome degrade into a wreck. They were clearly told to fix it up and get it in a state where the contract required within 10 years or The Rams would then withdraw. This has been supported by legal means already. Nothing against the people of STL, I think it is a great city. but the sportswriters in the STL papers, and others are lying when they put this on Kroenke.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

-The Rams and NFL have submitted another request for a venue change.

-Writers and radio people in Buffalo are reaching out to their counterparts here, fishing for hope.

by majik
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I can’t imagine why the Rams or the NFL feel why a court in Missouri would not be impartial.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:I can’t imagine why the Rams or the NFL feel why a court in Missouri would not be impartial.

The rest of the state hates the city and people of St. Louis something fierce. If St. Louis got hit by a meteor the rest of the state would cheer and hold a weeks long party.

Can't change from the corrupt judge. But go to KC and fill the jury with Chiefs fans or to Springfield and fill the jury with Cowboys fans.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

"Impartial" is supposed to be part of the process..

• 49 / 88
874 posts Apr 16 2024