by Elvis
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -be-scary/

DeSean Jackson: Rams’ offense is going to be scary

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 18, 2021

Rams wide receiver DeSean Jackson says other teams should be scared of what the Rams’ offense is going to do this season.

Jackson said that with himself joining holdovers Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson, and the Rams drafting Tutu Atwell in the second round, the Rams have more receivers than opposing defenses will know what to do with.

“With a quarterback like Matthew Stafford, it’s really mind-boggling for other defenses or defensive coordinators to really be sitting back, like, ‘Man, how are we going to stop these dudes?’ For me, I’ve been on some pretty good receiving corps, but Robert and Coop, in addition to Van and Tutu, it’s going to be scary,” Jackson said on NFL Network.

Jackson signed a one-year, $4.5 million contract with the Rams this offseason and indicated that the team’s recruiting pitch to him was less about the money than about the way he’d be used in their offense.

“I have an offensive-minded coach in Sean McVay who’s attuned and knows how to put his players in a position to win,” Jackson said.

If Jackson is right, McVay should have his best offense yet in 2021.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

That's fine and all but I have two words: offensive line.

I don't care if every other part is scary and Stafford scrambles like Vick, Young or Elway at their prime: if the O-line plays like last year it's not happening.

by safer
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Many times, when teams brought more pressure, Goff just didn’t make the D pay for it. I think Stafford will prove to be much better in two areas—recognition and getting the ball out faster, and his deep throws will force D’s to think twice about bringing the heat like they did last year. I think our O line is about 7th-10th or so, providing we don’t lose Whit this year. Solid, but not great.

by Flash
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:That's fine and all but I have two words: offensive line.

I don't care if every other part is scary and Stafford scrambles like Vick, Young or Elway at their prime: if the O-line plays like last year it's not happening.

Couldn’t agree more.

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I've always been a believer that a superior line is essential for the success of an offense. That said, a great running back can still make things happen even when the line is flawed. Same with a great QB. Stafford will make plays Goff couldn't, , even behind our allegedly flawed line.
I expect Stafford to make the line look better with his pocket movement and ability to read defenses.. His arm will do the rest.

Then the speed and depth of this year's reciever corp should keep the opponents defenses on their heels more often which could also take pressure of the line as more potential blitzers will be in coverage. When they do blitz, Stafford's reads and arm will make them pay.
Also Stafford isn't afraid to take a hit and won't fumble as easily as our former starter did. Bigger hands.

I can't wait to see these guys play..

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I've always been a believer that a superior line is essential for the success of an offense. That said, a great running back can still make things happen even when the line is flawed. Same with a great QB. Stafford will make plays Goff couldn't, , even behind our allegedly flawed line.
I expect Stafford to make the line look better with his pocket movement and ability to read defenses.. His arm will do the rest.

Then the speed and depth of this year's reciever corp should keep the opponents defenses on their heels more often which could also take pressure of the line as more potential blitzers will be in coverage. When they do blitz, Stafford's reads and arm will make them pay.
Also Stafford isn't afraid to take a hit and won't fumble as easily as our former starter did. Bigger hands.

I agree on all points. But if the 2021 Rams o line is similar to the 2020 one, I don’t care how scary everyone else is and what miracles Stafford works.

by /zn/
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I've always been a believer that a superior line is essential for the success of an offense. That said, a great running back can still make things happen even when the line is flawed. Same with a great QB. Stafford will make plays Goff couldn't, , even behind our allegedly flawed line.

You don't need a superior OL, just a solid one. And it looks to me like the Rams 2021 OL will be a pretty solid one.

In terms of Stafford making up for a deficient line--he never did in Detroit, when the Lions had deficient OLs (they actually had a good one last year). Either way it shouldn't be a problem because as I said, the Rams 2021 OL ought to be pretty solid.

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

OK then..

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 15 2024