874 posts
  • 44 / 88
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Rams the Legends live on wrote:He no longer the President and COO of Shnuck's?

My bad. I thought they'd reorged with Peacock moved down in favor of a family member.

by Rams the Legends live on
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:My bad. I thought they'd reorged with Peacock moved down in favor of a family member.

No problem bro. Just when you mentioned Peacock, I was like that is a blast from the past. Mainly cause it reminded me of this poster we had named AfricanRam, who was STL guy. He always spoke highly of Peacock and since I liked and respected AR, I was more than happy to accept that as my opinion of Dave based on AR's take.

So when you said he was midlevel. I thought dang they sent him to Siberia over what really wasn't his fault, he just had the odds against him. So was curious were they banned him to so looked it up and the info I saw was from 2017 so was not sure if it was up to date.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Doubt it is. I thought he had something to do with the MLS there. ?

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Doubt it is. I thought he had something to do with the MLS there. ?

Peacock had nothing to do with the soccer team. I think they might have mentioned his name when the public money vote failed, but he never got drawn into it.

The MLS soccer team will be owned by the Enterprise Holdings heiress.
https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/en/g ... -betz.html
She's paying for most everything: including all of the stadium.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:Peacock had nothing to do with the soccer team. I think they might have mentioned his name when the public money vote failed, but he never got drawn into it.

The MLS soccer team will be owned by the Enterprise Holdings heiress.
https://www.enterpriseholdings.com/en/g ... -betz.html
She's paying for most everything: including all of the stadium.

Thanks, I had my memory crossed up on that. Don't follow soccer or Dave Peacock much.. ; )
Great to have a local benefactor with deep pockets on your side.

BTW, the unfinished stadium looks like the place the Chargers were playing at in Carson... and about as many people in the bldg as well..

by moklerman
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:We did. The CVC board got entirely flipped. The mayor and county executive executive were voted out of office. Dave Peacock is a mid level executive for a local grocery chain.

When the St. Louis MLS team asked for public money they were told to pound sand. Three times: once by the general public vote and twice by the St. Louis City board of aldermen. As a result the new soccer stadium is still getting built, but with 100% private money. The baseball Cardinals finished off paying the bonds for Busch Stadium and they had the option to go to the state to re-issue them to finance another tower at Ballpark Village: they declined.

That's why were going full speed ahead with the lawsuit. We already know we're done as an NFL city and any sort of win just takes it from 99% certainty to 100%.
I don't blame St. Louis for demanding funding from sources other than taxpayers. There's no problem with that at all. The problem is, they wanted ESK to finance much of the renovation but not reap the rewards.

Which is similar to the Stallions situation. In general terms, St. Louis has had a bad habit of wanting it's cake and eating it too. They keep pushing for control of something they don't want to pay for.

And, it's a very good point that the Rams were already gone by the time St. Louis started their (public) proposals. I'd forgotten that they were ready to move a full year before they were allowed to by the NFL. This couldn't have been a secret to anyone involved so it brings into question why St. Louis started spending all of that money on lawyers and designers?

It comes off looking like they are again trying to get someone else to pay for their mistakes.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:… so it brings into question why St. Louis started spending all of that money on lawyers and designers?

Carson

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:Carson

Perhaps StL should sue Carson-Spanos-Davis for giving them false hopes, , , , at the last minute.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

From a radio interview this morning:
-this judge is deliberate and slow moving. If there’s a postponement don’t read anything into it for either side.
-the only other owner deposed is Art Rooney.
-the 16+ hour deposing of Stan was reiterated as very significant. It also wasn’t a fishing expedition. They had points to what they were asking.
-the bungling of Stan’s law firm leaving the documents in the open is odd. But again the lawyer reiterated Stan is using a firm that specializes in real estate. Trials/big cases aren’t their forte.
-St. Louis County will probably get booted from the case as an injured party.

Hacksaw wrote:Perhaps StL should sue Carson-Spanos-Davis for giving them false hopes, , , , at the last minute.

Sure.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

From court today:

Now I know the NFL can do whatever and say whatever it wants. I just find this interesting.

Also setback for the St. Louis lawyers as they wanted the full books for the 25 teams that said yes to the move. The judge told them "no" to that fishing expedition. EDIT: but they do get to dig around the big owners books.

• 44 / 88
874 posts Apr 16 2024