Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Wow, Trent Green's nephew? Awesome.

by Watchdog
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   249  
United States of America   Long Beach
Rookie

Oldschoolramfan wrote:Perfect example of why I don't bother posting. Are you really a fan?

I'm pretty sure Jack is a fan. Even fans are allowed to be unhappy about a draft pick, doesn't make them an enemy of the state.

by ramsman34
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

/zn/ wrote:Jack, he's a special teams pick.

That's true of several picks this year.

Among other things they did in this draft was to upgrade the special teams.

Not JUST STs. They drafted to develop into specific roles. Both Big Ben and Harris have traits we didn’t have at both WR and TE.

The cat I have heard NOTHING about is the TE drafted last year Brycen Hopkins. I was hoping he has developed. But it sounds like Harris is “ahead” of him while practicing in shorts. Lol

by /zn/
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Not JUST STs. They drafted to develop into specific roles. Both Big Ben and Harris have traits we didn’t have at both WR and TE.

The cat I have heard NOTHING about is the TE drafted last year Brycen Hopkins. I was hoping he has developed. But it sounds like Harris is “ahead” of him while practicing in shorts. Lol

Red bit: Which doesn't make any sense. TE is notoriously hard to learn in the pros so a 1 year guy should not be behind a couple-of-weeks-in-the-league rookie. Either it's just a meaningless thing in minicamp, or Hopkins is lagging, which isn't good. Nothing against Harris, it's just kind of an odd thing to have him ahead of a 1-year vet.

by snackdaddy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

By the time you get to the 7th round you know the pickings are slim. They look for a player they think could fill a certain role. In this case it looks like special teams. They know not everyone will make the roster. Draft picks have an edge over undrafted guys when all things are equal.

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 16 2024