Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The Russian reference is interesting. lol

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

47 Gap wrote:The great thing about your Rams head, is that when you see it, you don't automatically think "penis."

i think all of us that played around with the head logo had the same goal, to make it look a lot less cuddly / petting zooish... anyway, your cap mock looks fantastic!

Hacksaw wrote:The Russian reference is interesting. lol

ha ha, yeah, out of the box the "crescent" rams horn that nike came up with reminded me of the hammer and sickle...

by moklerman
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Sportster wrote:Like most all, the Ferragamos are by far my favorite.

I really like the ideas presented here. Those look great.

I sure like the new logos and uniforms much much better than the crap Georgia did in 2000. That hideous gold and dark blue was disgusting.

And need to keep myself in check that is what we were replacing. Not the Ferragamos.

So no matter preferences, these new uniforms look incredible.
I agree with your sentiment but not the details. The 2000 uniforms were quite respectable IMO. For a long while, many fans longed for more of a navy blue over the royal blue so at least that look scratched an itch in a way. Gold, rather than yellow, was also a reasonable change even though the actual shade of gold they used didn't work well with the dome.

Which was a big part of the problem. The uniforms didn't look as good at home on tv as they did elsewhere. If they were being used outdoors, that might have been different. In person, the 2000 jerseys looked dynamite. The authentic jersey's really did look good. The replicas and merchandise, not as much.

By 2016, the many times bastardized uniforms the Rams had devolved into were a joke. The current stuff is an improvement over those, but that isn't really saying much, is it?

by majik
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

The navy blue and gold were an abomination from Day 1. It was like we were Notre Dame wannabes.

They had the Mona Lisa of uniforms and they painted on big mustache and beard on it

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

'eeny- meeny- miny- moe', , ah who am I kidding? you had me at 'eeny'.

PS, I could live with 'miny' and the color change if the helmet and jersey top from 'eeny' was incorporated..

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

kevin, baby, forget the "ferragamo's", forget what fans think they want... kevin, baby, i've got one word for you: "bone"! that's right, "bone"! did i just blow your mind kevin??? hell yeah i did!

have you caught your breath kevin? ready for some more? "sol" and neon "royal"!!! bam!!! "sol" and neon "royal"!!! bam, bam!!!! blew your mind again kevin, didn't i??!!???

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

speaking of yellow:

1994, almost 30 years ago, rams 14.5 point dogs @ chiefs, rams shut them and montana out 16-0.

so do you think the yellow shirts looked good? oddly, the rams wore the yellow jerseys on the road only, so both teams wore colored jerseys:

by 47 Gap
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   143  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I loved the yellow jerseys. If I were the Rams I would go with 3 uniforms. One with Yellow as the primary color, another with blue and a third with white. Use the blue at home, yellow as road and white in September and October, when allowed.

I heard somewhere that George Allen liked the white, especially early in the year because white reflects heat and dark absorbs heat. Allen was always looking for that edge.

• 265 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024