United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Tutu is definitely no Tavon Austin.... :D :D :D

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

spent an hour thumbing through the tonnage of twitter posts, some fantastic photos and vids, looks like a great day had by all... have to say tho, after seeing all of those great photos and vids of fans finally in the stadium, i kept wondering: why the roof?

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:spent an hour thumbing through the tonnage of twitter posts, some fantastic photos and vids, looks like a great day had by all... have to say tho, after seeing all of those great photos and vids of fans finally in the stadium, i kept wondering: why the roof?

The roof is to secure events in the seasons when it does rain. Super Bowl, March Madness/Final Four.

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

It also serves to diffuse direct sunlight during the dog days of Summer (Aug-Sept).

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Being at the event (which started at 4pm). If there was no roof... there would have been a TON of glare and shadows (because of the steeply raked seats.) It would have been 5-10 degrees warmer. And you'd definitely need sunscreen.

You can see the bright "sun spots" that show up in many photos. That's because they opened 4-6 panels (all the panels are openable) to improve airflow... but then the bright sun is shown.

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yeah, more a rhetorical question than anything else, i mean we all know what roofs are for, it's just so weird seeing a roofed stadium in southern cal type climate (sep-jan southern cal type climate), to me at least... that said, what a friggin' sports / entertainment palace, absolutely spectacular.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:The roof is to secure events in the seasons when it does rain. Super Bowl, March Madness/Final Four.

Plus college football playoffs.

by actionjack
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3935  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

69RamFan wrote:Tutu is definitely no Tavon Austin.... :D :D :D

Agreed, never saw Tavon high point the ball. Just please put like 15-20lbs on Tutu :)

• 3 / 5
41 posts Apr 16 2024