8 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

If the Rams wanted to add to their team speed, they succeeded. You could have a pretty good relay team with these four (Pro Day 40 times shown):

Tutu Atwell 4.32
Robert Rochell 4.38
Jacob Harris 4.39
Jake Funk 4.43

Add in DeSean Jackson, who ran a 4.35 at the Combine when he was drafted, and is still very fast, and the Rams have a lot more speed on the roster.

It will be fun to see how they are able to use it.

by safer
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I think Rochelle is a sleeper. We've done great in developing young corners.
Don't forget Van Jefferson who had the fastest speed in the SR Bowl a year ago. That was faster than Mims (who the Jets drafted, and he ran a 4.38 at the combine.) Van did not run his forty at the combine due to a slight injury. This, coupled with Stafford's excellence in deep throws, is going to open up everything.

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
Veteran

I was watching Harris (in today’s open practice) because of your post.. he didn’t look so hot or fast. By my eyes, he’s on the bubble … hope it was just a bad day.

by ziggy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
Veteran

Hard to say because it is an open practice so nobody was pushing themselves.

It’s always fun to watch Wolfy in action. I feel completely safe with him as our no 2, as I’m sure coach is, also.

Matt Gay looked confident, comfortable, and jacked (didn’t know he was such a big dude.)

Tutu looked slippery and fast at times, but he still looks tiny… even more slight than Tavon (I think tutu is lankier).

Hendo and Funk both look ready to go. They both run angry and wrecking ball style… which I think is exactly the change of pace the Rams need at times.

I’m not great at evaluating our defense but everybody was working out, so no hold outs and drama (except old man whit and 99 which I’m glad they keep in shrink wrap until they need him in real games.)

Oh, and Desean looks good— fresh, healthy, and fast. He’s clearly got a good rapport with McVay. I’m certain coach will draw some special plays for him, I would not be surprised if he becomes our go-to with specially drawn plays in the red zone.

by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38437  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, saw Gay nail a 60 yarder in warm ups. Every FG i saw from him was right down the middle.

• 1 / 1
8 posts Apr 16 2024