69 posts
  • 5 / 7
 by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

snackdaddy wrote:Let someone else buy the team and move em out of LA.
That would be the best case scenario for long time Charger fans.

St. Loser Fan wrote:And for Rams fans.

If all the rumors are true, it would be better for NFL owners too. To have the 'other' locker room available for leverage.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:If all the rumors are true, it would be better for NFL owners too. To have the 'other' locker room available for leverage.

There's a whole new batch of cities that need to be extorted for taxpayer money. The Bengals, WFC, Panthers, Titans are just some teams hitting their lease ends in the near future.

Since St. Louis, San Diego and Oakland aren't threat options, the NFL needs LA back as an option.

by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:There's always the Carson landfill, worked surprisingly well last time...

I thought an outlet mall was going in there?

by DirtyFacedKid
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

St. Loser Fan wrote:I thought an outlet mall was going in there?

The Chargers would have two of the retail spaces in which to host games.

by Rams the Legends live on
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:There's always the Carson landfill, worked surprisingly well last time...

Sarcasm......LOL With the NFL wanting to handle this in house and absent a courtroom. I believe Carson is part of the problem. Stan clearly had a plan, they told the Raiders no and they, the Raiders found a solution.

I get that they felt Spans was a team player and they needed to help him out. However, he should have got the no as well cause his plan all along has always been to ride someone else's coat tails.

If they had chosen the Carson deal sure that Davis would be doing the heavy lifting for both teams right now. They chose Stan cause they knew he had the pockets to do so.

Which is the problem had they told him, Spanos, no and had him work the problem himself. He either would have or they could have saved themselves the courtroom cause they would have moved in already and bought the team themselves or lined up a buyer that had deep pockets.

The owners building their own stadiums in my opinion is a better business model than having the city do so.

I also think it works out best for the city and the public. Looking at Stan and Davis, of those two LA is in the better position of keeping their team long term. Stan has embedded himself by laying his money down. He has made his future hiccups one solution. He will have to keep his product at a level of quality that people are willing to buy.

Knowing that is his only real option he will be more focused and will want the best talent from top down and from bottom up. He is personally vested, he is all in, so this will work out to be more advantageous to LA over the years to come.

I believe this is the better model for both the NFL and any city. I think it will end up making a team a greater part of the city and it's culture when the team knows they don't have the I can move along option but are in a position of I have to make this work.

So anyway read your comment as more as just throwing that out there more for sarcasm or tongue in cheek or pointing out any irony that the only certainty of life is that it is uncertain. As I don't recall many of the convos we all had back during the moves and votes. However, do recall over all how yourself, Hack, and others of us really did see that Carson was no real option at all, but Stan's build it and they will come was the only real viable option on the table.

So personally I think they would have better served themselves if they had just told Spanos no and let him work the problem. Giving them the option to move in if need be.

Then again who knows this could all just work out to be a nothing burger. Personally I am hoping this current situation will build a firmer case for the NFL to see that really going forward it will be better to have stand alone owners who can make things happen singularly.

by Joe Pendleton
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

iirc weren't these cats known as the "goof Spanos" brothers in SD :lol2:

by Hacksaw
1 year 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So add misogyny to his list of abject failures in business with his other character flaws for a net sum of useless. .

• 5 / 7
69 posts Apr 18 2024