47 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by majik
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

azramsfan93 wrote:If he got hurt working out do you think the Rams would cut him? Of course not. He adds value. This young man has not played for the past 2 years and was never dominant when he did. Are you advocating that all players should be treated the same regardless of their value?

Not the best example to cite.

No because Donald is Donald now. But how do players become and perform at HOF Aaron Donald level, they work out in their own. How about we take Rob Havenstein? We want him to become a top 10 RT, how does he do that unless he works out like Aaron Donald at home?

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:And when a player comes in out of shape, argues with coaches and teammates, doesn’t produce on the field, but still gets paid due to contract guarantees, the player should do what’s “right” and let the team out of the contract, right?

Ah yes, the poor owners who have it so tough and are getting taken advantage of. How will the owners eat tonight by overpaying all these fat, lazy players?

Look, pretty much everyone is covered in poop by this one.
-the player for his past actions and getting injured
-the union for negotiating poorly and advising the player wrong
-the team for cutting the player so quickly.

Like I said the Broncos had every right to cut Ja’Waun James: but they could have done it a little more skillfully by waiting a few weeks. What was the rush to cut him unless James is that bad?

by snackdaddy
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Not every owner is in it to save a personal buck here in there. The salary cap complicates it. If the team did it to save cap money I have no problem with it. Saving cap money makes the team better. They owe it to the fans to make the team better.

by majik
2 years 11 months ago
Pro Bowl

NFL: Players should NOT work out outside of team facilities or risk getting their contract voided if they get injured.

We are making a bijillion dollars per year, so much that even the most incompetent owner can’t lose money, but we are going to pinch every penny we can and don’t care about the quality of play by forcing players to not work out on their own.

The NFLPA needs new leadership and guaranteed contracts needs to become a “red line” in future negotiations (years from now). Every other major sport has them and it boggles the mind that the NFLPA hasn’t insisted on it. Would eliminate the silly and large signing bonuses and roster bonuses.

by azramsfan93
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:Like I said the Broncos had every right to cut Ja’Waun James: but they could have done it a little more skillfully by waiting a few weeks. What was the rush to cut him unless James is that bad?

Rush? This is the third straight year he won’t play. I wager it doesn’t feel rushed to the Broncos.

by azramsfan93
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

You seem upset about this. I don’t think a majority of the players are losing sleep.

I am sure guaranteed contracts could be negotiated, but at what expense? For everything you get you have to give something.

NFL players and owners are all doing well.

majik wrote:NFL: Players should NOT work out outside of team facilities or risk getting their contract voided if they get injured.

We are making a bijillion dollars per year, so much that even the most incompetent owner can’t lose money, but we are going to pinch every penny we can and don’t care about the quality of play by forcing players to not work out on their own.

The NFLPA needs new leadership and guaranteed contracts needs to become a “red line” in future negotiations (years from now). Every other major sport has them and it boggles the mind that the NFLPA hasn’t insisted on it. Would eliminate the silly and large signing bonuses and roster bonuses.

by AvengerRam
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Ah yes, the poor owners who have it so tough and are getting taken advantage of. How will the owners eat tonight by overpaying all these fat, lazy players?

Look, pretty much everyone is covered in poop by this one.
-the player for his past actions and getting injured
-the union for negotiating poorly and advising the player wrong
-the team for cutting the player so quickly.

Like I said the Broncos had every right to cut Ja’Waun James: but they could have done it a little more skillfully by waiting a few weeks. What was the rush to cut him unless James is that bad?

Yeah...I just disagree with you completely. I don’t think the Broncos did anything wrong.

by majik
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

azramsfan93 wrote:You seem upset about this. I don’t think a majority of the players are losing sleep.

I am sure guaranteed contracts could be negotiated, but at what expense? For everything you get you have to give something.

NFL players and owners are all doing well.

If the NFLPA wasn’t run by morons, they would have demand guaranteed contracts in exchange for expanding from 16-games. Maybe if the NFL keeps pressing for 18-games, someone in NFLPA leadership will look up the definition of leverage.

by azramsfan93
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

majik wrote:If the NFLPA wasn’t run by morons, they would have demand guaranteed contracts in exchange for expanding from 16-games. Maybe if the NFL keeps pressing for 18-games, someone in NFLPA leadership will look up the definition of leverage.

I have to ask - why do you care so much? Are you related to a player that was never guaranteed any money? Do you worry about the plight of millionaire athletes? Are you jealous of the rich people that own NFL teams?

by majik
2 years 10 months ago
Pro Bowl

I have to ask—are you related to an NFL owner? Do you worry about the plight of BILlIONAIRE owners? I watch the NFL to see players play the game. These players greatly sacrifice their potential future health to play where the average career is not very long. Why are you against athletes, not the superstars, but the “average Joe” NFL player, getting their fair share of the NFL pie? Go look at any team’s salary numbers and see what players from 10 down make and realize how long some of their NFL careers are.

• 4 / 5
47 posts Apr 16 2024