1540 posts
  • 147 / 154
 by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Holy smokes. What's wrong with people?

For some reason it's a "thing" with Chesney fans. Here in St. Louis the Cardinals wouldn't book him into Busch Stadium because of his fans bad reputation for tailgating hard and trashing the parking lots. It got to a point where one of the country music stations was having it's listeners pester the team on social media to let him come.

Hopefully the bosses at SoFi are aware of Chesney's fans inability to be reasonable human beings and will prepare for his show. It's still on the calendar to open the stadium.
https://www.sofistadium.com/upcoming-events/

by ziggy
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   595  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

A concert you’re not invited to...

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2021/04/13/ ... tions/amp/

Will “air” May 8th but taped at some secret time between now and then.

by rams74
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I get nostalgic just seeing the word "VAX" in print.

The VAX was one of the greatest computer systems ever architected. Long gone. Built by Digital Equipment Corporation. Also gone forever. (Heavy sigh)

Ah, those halcyon days of yesteryear. Little did we realize then that it was but a moment in time, never to return. Not even to be remembered, except by old geeks like me.

Now the word VAX has been co-opted to mean something else entirely. Ah well.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:I get nostalgic just seeing the word "VAX" in print.

The VAX was one of the greatest computer systems ever architected. Long gone. Built by Digital Equipment Corporation. Also gone forever. (Heavy sigh)

Ah, those halcyon days of yesteryear. Little did we realize then that it was but a moment in time, never to return. Not even to be remembered, except by old geeks like me.

So you’re not an anti-vaxer?

by rams74
3 years 11 hours ago
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:So you’re not an anti-vaxer?

That is correct. I'm pro-VAX in every sense of the word.

I remember once seeing an ad for a vacuum cleaner called a VAX. I'm also pro-vacuum cleaners.

by azramsfan93
3 years 9 hours ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:I get nostalgic just seeing the word "VAX" in print.

Early in my career at Motorola Semiconductor we designed and manufactured the bipolar gate arrays DEC used to build their discrete CPUs in the VAX systems. Our final project was the VAX 9000 that was built using the first multi-chip module I ever saw.... pretty advanced stuff even for today.

The DEC site in Hudson MA is an Intel Federal Systems Group site today.

by rams74
3 years 7 hours ago
Pro Bowl

azramsfan93 wrote:Early in my career at Motorola Semiconductor we designed and manufactured the bipolar gate arrays DEC used to build their discrete CPUs in the VAX systems. Our final project was the VAX 9000 that was built using the first multi-chip module I ever saw.... pretty advanced stuff even for today.

The DEC site in Hudson MA is an Intel Federal Systems Group site today.

That's pretty cool. I knew somebody would be familiar with the VAX. They did some great engineering at DEC.

• 147 / 154
1540 posts Apr 16 2024