United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

About that 7-9 B.S. To be fair, Fisher didn't go 7-9 his final year. :oops2:

by safer
3 years 2 days ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I like it. So what if he had a crappy HC pro coaching career? He is a solid DC, and working again with younger men (and not multi millionaire pros) might really rejuvenate him.
I really like to see guys like Eddie, Fisher and Deion come back into the college ranks to see what they can do. NONE of them are doing it for the money. It would not surprise me to see a LOT of quality players wanting to play for these guys. Maybe it's a four star recruit who knows he would have to sit on the bench for 2-3 years in the SEC. Or a JUCO stud that gets overlooked by some of the larger programs................I already find myself rooting for these guys.

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Fair enough safer.. lets see what happens. I'm not against him doing well.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Fair enough safer.. lets see what happens. I'm not against him doing well.

For me it goes back to his style of football. If Jeff Fisher coached like it was the 21st century I'd be less grumpy.

by rams74
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:For me it goes back to his style of football. If Jeff Fisher coached like it was the 21st century I'd be less grumpy.

If you were a big fan of Tennessee State, I could see where that might be a concern.

Otherwise, I don't see why anybody would complain about Fisher getting a low-level, low stress, consulting job in Nashville. I mean, he probably still lives there, right? It doesn't affect me. Even if the program is successful, Eddie George will get the credit.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:If you were a big fan of Tennessee State, I could see where that might be a concern.

Otherwise, I don't see why anybody would complain about Fisher getting a low-level, low stress, consulting job in Nashville. I mean, he probably still lives there, right? It doesn't affect me. Even if the program is successful, Eddie George will get the credit.

We’ve already established I’m a bitter, petty person so I’m gonna keep on being the Fisher hater.

Fisher also threw his name into the hat for the BIG head coaching job at the University of Tennessee. That’s one of few jobs with more stress than a NFL head coach.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

As a long time LA then St Louis and back to LA Rams fan, I feel a little indebted to Fisher. He was an important cog in the machine of getting our team back home. Knowing what I know now, I happily accept the years of 7-9 bullshit we had to put up with. Fisher was a bridge to a better organization and for that I say "Thank You Coach Fisher". I wish him nothing but success because his success or demise in no way impacts what we do.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 day ago
Hall of Fame

Props to Eddie George is trying learn from his seniors and put the program on the map. Must be tough when SEC team Vanderbilt is 2 or 3 miles away and is expanding their stadium.

• 2 / 2
19 posts Apr 15 2024