1281 posts
  • 118 / 129
 by HopHead Ram
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

How steep was that drop for Gurley. Top of the world in 2017 to today. He made his money so I do not feel bad for him but going from being one of the premier offensive talents in the NFL to irrelevance in 3 short years must be hard for the ego to take.

by ramsman34
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I don't think TG cares all that much. I never got the sense that he loved the game. He's just good at it, less so now. I think he likes the fame, camaraderie, perks, $, etc. I not saying he doesn't really enjoy playing football; it just doesn't feel like the love of the game other greats seem to have. JMO

by PARAM
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

HopHead Ram wrote:How steep was that drop for Gurley. Top of the world in 2017 to today. He made his money so I do not feel bad for him but going from being one of the premier offensive talents in the NFL to irrelevance in 3 short years must be hard for the ego to take.

If you look at the positives, he was injured badly in college and was still a first round draft pick. He got first round money and then a healthy extension with a lot guaranteed. Some kids injured in college don't make the NFL or get a degree in something to make a comfortable living after college. Gurley has led a charmed life. I liked TG and his prescence made the McVay offense the best in the NFL. His yardage and ypc production fell off a cliff but he still had a nose for the end zone. No sympathy from me. It's a man's game and he played it that way. If he didn't love the game (and I'm not suggesting that's a fact), he will love it in 25 years if he manages his money well.

• 118 / 129
1281 posts Apr 16 2024