10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I recently saw a quote from Snead suggesting that the team's attendance at Pro Days or pre-draft meetings may have telegraphed players they were targeting. I suspect that Snead has felt at times that some other team grabbed a prospect the Rams' coveted, perhaps by trading up ahead of them, based upon such intel.

by Elvis
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   38449  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Just the link and a couple snippets for now but the gist is the Rams are relying more on data and game film than ever and don't really see the need to attend a lot of this stuff in person.

“Does it matter whether (a receiver) runs a 4.48 or a 4.56? No,” said J.W. Jordan, the Rams’ director of draft management. “That’s where you use tape, GPS, all the information and data you have on him. Does (the 40) really and truly matter? No.”

“The answer to most of our questions is found by watching film of that football player play football,” Snead said. “Not necessarily watching that player do a short shuttle … or an interview where he’s probably prepped on how to answer the questions based on how you want them answered.

“Ninety percent of your evaluation is going to come from watching the orchestra play music or watching the actress act, not watching them memorize their lines.”

by Elvis
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   38449  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:I recently saw a quote from Snead suggesting that the team's attendance at Pro Days or pre-draft meetings may have telegraphed players they were targeting. I suspect that Snead has felt at times that some other team grabbed a prospect the Rams' coveted, perhaps by trading up ahead of them, based upon such intel.

I've heard him say that too but i'm not sure how much i buy it. I mean you could just as easily go to a pro day as a smoke screen and teams generally attend a lot of pro days. Some times you go to look at one guy and fall in love with another player, etc.

But clearly the Rams have decided they don't need to be going to all of these things...

by PARAM
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Call me crazy but I enjoy it when SF and Seattle have good teams. It's a nice feeling to know that the Rams beat good teams to win the division. Of course I don't get all depressed if they're 6-10 or 8-8 either!! :D

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Virtual anything loses a bit of that old in person smell test. Chemistry, in person eye tests and all. Analytics carry a lot of weight but virtually must miss some things.

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The Rams are driving the bus these days. Knocking it out of the park, , except for the unis.

by snackdaddy
3 years 4 days ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

43-21 the last 4 years with multiple playoff wins. Yeah, don't be surprised to see more team copy their methods.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 18 2024