34 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by 69RamFan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Is it possible defenses loaded up on Goff knowing he was poor at handling pressure? Stafford is much better at moving his feet and resetting the pocket.
I agree we need more choice beef up front but I consider that Staffords skillset may change how teams attack us up front..

I don't think its the loading up theory,,,

When you see Hick, Williams, and Cox, pushing Blythe and Corbett around like a rag doll...

The only load up that Goff had problems with, was against Miami on the zero blitz.
At the same time, those play calls by McVay didn't help Goff...
McVay got stuck calling passing plays more than run plays...

by Jerseydevil
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   15  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

Is this the same Matthew Stafford that's been in the league for what 12 years? I don't believe that any one player, even a QB, makes or breaks a team. I just saw Mr. All World Pat Mahomes get his butt kicked in the Super Bowl!

I'll be happy to eat crow, if I'm wrong. But I want to see the man play before I look beyond the first round of the playoffs.

by moklerman
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Jerseydevil wrote:Is this the same Matthew Stafford that's been in the league for what 12 years? I don't believe that any one player, even a QB, makes or breaks a team. I just saw Mr. All World Pat Mahomes get his butt kicked in the Super Bowl!

I'll be happy to eat crow, if I'm wrong. But I want to see the man play before I look beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Tell that to Tampa Bay! :grinning:

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Considering we are losing some players and don't look to be adding much talent this off-season, the thread title implies that Jared Goff, didn't.....

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Considering we are losing some players and don't look to be adding much talent this off-season, the thread title implies that Jared Goff, didn't.....

We'll add some talent and we'll lose some talent but hopefully the difference will be better QB play and better coaching (coming from the assistants).........finally, after 4 years McVay will be able to open the playbook 100%.

by HellRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   436  
Starter

PARAM wrote:We'll add some talent and we'll lose some talent but hopefully the difference will be better QB play and better coaching (coming from the assistants).........finally, after 4 years McVay will be able to open the playbook 100%.

What does open the playbook "100%" mean? I see this from time to time but I don't understand why now all of the sudden the playbook can be opened.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

HellRam wrote:What does open the playbook "100%" mean? I see this from time to time but I don't understand why now all of the sudden the playbook can be opened.

From what I hear from Ram fans, McVay hasn't been able to call all the plays he'd like to call because Goff was playing terrible the last 2 years. If we're to assume the playbook wasn't opened fully the last 2 years and surely it wasn't in 2017, we might come to the conclusion it was in 2018....maybe. So with Stafford in town, McVay will have the luxury to call any play in his playbook which ought to bode well for the Rams.

by HellRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   436  
Starter

PARAM wrote:From what I hear from Ram fans, McVay hasn't been able to call all the plays he'd like to call because Goff was playing terrible the last 2 years. If we're to assume the playbook wasn't opened fully the last 2 years and surely it wasn't in 2017, we might come to the conclusion it was in 2018....maybe. So with Stafford in town, McVay will have the luxury to call any play in his playbook which ought to bode well for the Rams.

Gotcha.

Well I have doubts that the actual playbook had to be shrunk because of Goff. Especially on this year to year basis concept. But that's just my opinion.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

HellRam wrote:Gotcha.

Well I have doubts that the actual playbook had to be shrunk because of Goff. Especially on this year to year basis concept. But that's just my opinion.

Well another view is the playbook was shrunk because of the offensive line and that's why they let Kromer go. So many views, so many things to think about. Offense is bad, trade Goff. Offense is bad, fire Kromer. We now have a premier NFL quarterback with 12 years of experience who has seen just about anything a defense can throw at him. Some say, "he'll make the OL better just by being a smart QB". I say, "maybe to a small degree". Some say, "a new OL coach was needed". I say "some new players were needed (and maybe the OL coach too)". I hope they go all the way and take care of both areas. Get the new OL coach some fresh talent. Then Stafford will really produce without having to worry about "making the OL better". And then there will be absolutely no need for excuses about not being able to use the entire playbook.

• 2 / 4
34 posts Apr 18 2024