379 posts
  • 12 / 38
 by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:There’s already a thread down the page with pretty much the same title and subject.

viewtopic.php?t=11180&start=80

But I’d gently dispute calling Soldier Field old as what’s there is an almost entirely new stadium. All they kept was the outer walls and built an entirely new stadium inside the old facade. The only time you touch the old Soldier Field is entering and leaving the stadium through the gates.

Doh!!! Mods should merge, I would suppose. Still, I changed the title..... :D

I'm not Max.....I can find my posts when they're moved. ;)

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Funny thing is the Chicago Fire MLS team just left their suburban stadium after 15 short seasons there and are returning to Soldier Field this year.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Not sure where (not to mention whether) to post this but LA getting a rugby team apparently:

I like the martini glass logo.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Martini and scrum...

Odd choice of name. Because when I hear “rugby” I think of draft beer from red Solo cups and shots of Jaegermeister.

They should have called the team the Keggers.

by RedAlice
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I like the martini glass logo.

Love it! Awesome. I want a t-shirt now.

by RedAlice
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Odd choice of name. Because when I hear “rugby” I think of draft beer from red Solo cups and shots of Jaegermeister.

They should have called the team the Keggers.

No.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Funny thing is the Chicago Fire MLS team just left their suburban stadium after 15 short seasons there and are returning to Soldier Field this year.

I found it amusing that the author of the article I linked used Stan's Palace as a template for moving the Bears out of Soldier.

And I know you're right about the 1924 part being just the entrance ways but the remodel was almost 20 years ago. That'd be like putting more windows and a fresh coat of paint on the ED and calling it an upgrade!!

But of course as that guy said, Bears ownership doesn't have the jack (or cajones) Kroenke has. Still 326 acres to build a complex would be nice.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I found it amusing that the author of the article I linked used Stan's Palace as a template for moving the Bears out of Soldier.

As the article states the Bears have been looking for a proper home for it seems like forever. Some with big proposals like Stanadu.

PARAM wrote:And I know you're right about the 1924 part being just the entrance ways but the remodel was almost 20 years ago.

The stupidity they did at Soldier Field would have been like building a news stadium inside the Coliseum or Rose Bowl.

The only good thing about the "new" Soldier Field is its small size for concerts and tours that only play football stadiums.

PARAM wrote:But of course as that guy said, Bears ownership doesn't have the jack (or cajones) Kroenke has. Still 326 acres to build a complex would be nice.

Even if Stan owned the Bears or the McCaskey family had Stan's type of money, there are too many flaws with the site location and the market.

• 12 / 38
379 posts Apr 16 2024