43 posts
  • 3 / 5
 by PARAM
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Fuck Buck....
and back to Russell Wilson and the OP and the original thread direction...

amid all the Sports Media going gah-gah & wanting to anoint Russell Wilson the NFL 2020 MVP by Week 8.....and, in fairness,
Wilson DID muster 40 TDs behind only Aaron Rodgers 48 TDs this season,,,,,
BUT... guess what?

surprising stat to me (per ESPN) in Goff's 15 Regular Season games this season,
Jared Goff averaged 263.5 YDS PER GAME (10th in NFL)

Russell Wilson averaged 263.3 YDS PER GAME (11th in NFL). :?

FYI for perspective, Aaron Rodgers averaged 268.7 YDS PER GAME (8TH IN NFL)
First in NFL for YDS PER GAME? Patrick Mahomes 316.0 :shock2: :arrow2: :o

The media is always going to play up the popular guys......Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Rivers.....and they deserve it for their performances yearly. I look at it like this, the higher the pedestal they put them on, the longer the fall when the Rams beat them.

I had to laugh during last nights game, when talking about this coming weekend's matchups and the teams moving on to the next round not being surprises, Al Michaels said, "except Seattle. Pete Carroll was shocked. Not that he took anybody lightly. Just that he thought his team would be moving on. But the Rams won."

Doh!!! Yeah they did. They took Metcalf out of the game to the point he was throwing tantrums on the sideline. They harassed Russell Wilson endlessly. And on top of that, Tyler Lockett was held to a measly 2 receptions. The Rams didn't just beat them. They embarrassed them. But did they get the credit they earned? No. Michaels dissed them, whether intentionally or not. Wilson dissed them post game when he said, "we just didn't play well" as if it was an 'off day' for them. Sure it was....because the defense that knocked the snot out of you is the #1 defense in the NFL AND they've made beating your ass a habit.

Disrespect. It's a wonderful thing for the underdog.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you Pennsylvania! :!2:
(see moderators....it DOES happen!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2: )

Seriously...
Better to be taken lightly by the opposition....like the English Redcoats regarded George Washington's Minutemen. They were just a bunch of unruly farmboys that the British Army were going to pulverize right??!! :roll2:

Now, following his charges defeat on Saturday, Pete Carroll knows how British General Lord Charles Cornwallis felt after the Battle of Yorktown eh!!! ;) :arrow2: :P

The Rams D was an absolute buzzsaw in Seattle!
Is it just me, and my babyboomer nostalgia....but does anybody else think of David Deacon Jones when Leonard Floyd is stalking an opposing QB??? :?2:

Floyd has played like a true champion all season long IMO. :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)

I never expected 10.5 sacks from him in 2020. I knew Floyd would hold the edge way better than Dante Fowler did for us in 2019, but I expected a BIG dropoff in the Sacks from Fowler's 11.5 last year!!

Brandon Staley sure knew how to, not only employ Floyd's talents....
but how to motivate LF too, evidently! :idea2:

BTW, Dante Fowler's 2020 Sack Total for Atlanta???
3.0 TOTAL SACKS! :shock2:

by aeneas1
3 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i like dungy - sure, he could put you to sleep at times, but for some reason i really dig his calm, soothing, smart commentary.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

This could also go in the "Broke the Seahawks" and "QB Carousel"threads.

Potential destinations include: Dolphins, Jets, Saints, and Raiders.

Turmoil in Seattle always pleases me.

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Haha. Mee too.

The Hags are dead without him unless Watson ends up there. Heck they'd only have to change 2 letters on the jersey.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Haha. Mee too.

The Hags are dead without him unless Watson ends up there. Heck they'd only have to change 2 letters on the jersey.

Just minutes ago...

The problem is Wilson has a full NTC and Texans aren't on his supposed short list.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

I'm positive nothing will come from this. There is no way that they would ever trade him. Without Wilson, that fanbase will evaporate unless you replace him with someone like Watson as Hacksaw pointed out. Wilson is the only thing that moves the needle for that fanbase. Long gone are the days of the LOB or Beastmode. Its Wilson and his supporting cast.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Its almost as if we bro--

Oh, never mind. :twisted2:

• 3 / 5
43 posts Apr 19 2024