15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by NJRAMFAN1
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   146  
United States of America   Jersey
Practice Squad

I would say 11 years. After 10 years your message becomes white noise. I forget who coined that phrase or close to it.

I will give my vote to George Allen. And Roman Gabriel. Yes I'm old.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

No message becomes stale if the results are consistently there. If you do it right, the message no longer stems from the coach but the team itself breathes life into it. The players buy into it because they know if they do, the results will follow. They teach the new players what is expected of them. We sometimes equate the "Patriots" way as being something bad but the results speak for themselves and it is the players that really push that message. My hope is that we will have the "Rams" way spoken in the exact same way. That will mean we have the hardware in our trophy case to back that up . The culture of the Rams, to me, is unique in that this is one of the most unselfish teams in the league, the players genuinely seem to play for each other and celebrate all success as a team.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

HopHead Ram wrote:No message becomes stale if the results are consistently there. If you do it right, the message no longer stems from the coach but the team itself breathes life into it. The players buy into it because they know if they do, the results will follow. They teach the new players what is expected of them. We sometimes equate the "Patriots" way as being something bad but the results speak for themselves and it is the players that really push that message. My hope is that we will have the "Rams" way spoken in the exact same way. That will mean we have the hardware in our trophy case to back that up . The culture of the Rams, to me, is unique in that this is one of the most unselfish teams in the league, the players genuinely seem to play for each other and celebrate all success as a team.

Ironic a dozen years ago we heard about "Four Pillars". But simply giving something a label doesn't make it reality.

This regime hasn't even hinted at something like that, yet here we are.......quality coaching, quality players, quality results.

We not me right?

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

We Not Me

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Ironic a dozen years ago we heard about "Four Pillars". But simply giving something a label doesn't make it reality.

This regime hasn't even hinted at something like that, yet here we are.......quality coaching, quality players, quality results.

We not me right?

Ughh I went a little PTSD there on the mere mention of 4 pillars :lol2: :lol2:

If the players do not buy into the "culture" and make it theirs, It never takes root. If the message only comes from the coach then it will never take root. I think a lot of McVay's success in instilling that was his youth and energy. I think he was/is able to connect to his players in a more genuine way and for whatever reason, they bought into it. It could have easily gone the other way and history has shown that (McDaniels anyone??). There was a reason the talking heads took his youth as a negative on his hire. Luckily he proved them and many of us that were in the wait and see camp wrong.

He is by no means perfect but he is also not a finished product and as he continues to develop as a NFL head coach, the higher his ceiling becomes. We Rams fans deserve a little long term stability don't we? I became a fan in 1974...we have had 12 Head Coaches and 2 interim head coaches. :shock2:

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 18 2024