-Colts
-Washington FC
-Patriots

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

It's hard not to imagine a good team benefiting from Stafford. He's good but probably not elite to where he will elevate an offense all on his own. When he had Megatron, Stafford put up 5,000+ and 40TD so the ceiling is pretty high. Even this year with a lot less to work with, he put up a solid season that was much better production at QB than what we got. At 32, he's not "old" by today's NFL standards so in a vacuum, I could see him being an upgrade at the QB position for the Rams.

But realistically, I don't see how the Rams have any chance of getting a guy of this caliber or Watson or anything remotely along those lines.

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He and Watson need to stay out of Northern CA.

by ramsman34
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

moklerman wrote:It's hard not to imagine a good team benefiting from Stafford. He's good but probably not elite to where he will elevate an offense all on his own. When he had Megatron, Stafford put up 5,000+ and 40TD so the ceiling is pretty high. Even this year with a lot less to work with, he put up a solid season that was much better production at QB than what we got. At 32, he's not "old" by today's NFL standards so in a vacuum, I could see him being an upgrade at the QB position for the Rams.

But realistically, I don't see how the Rams have any chance of getting a guy of this caliber or Watson or anything remotely along those lines.

Yep. Don’t have the cap room to take either in without trading Goff and I see no market for Goff with his current contract and recent performance. We are stuck with him and either a low priced vet and/or yet another mid/late round draft pick. And we have the later in Perkins.

by snackdaddy
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

We don't have near as much to offer as those teams that are listed. As much as some people would love to move on from Goff it ain't happening. Even if we had a first round pick it would be lower than the others. Not to mention someone would have to take Goff's contract to make it happen. Goff is going nowhere for at least a year. Maybe two. All we can do is hope they can correct things with him.

by Elvis
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Will be interesting to see but i'm not sure how much Stafford is worth. I saw one site speculating he's worth about what Palmer was when he got a 1st and a 2nd, we'll see...

by FMulder
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   192  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Very Hard pass on Stafford

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

FMulder wrote:Very Hard pass on Stanford.

ditto

• 1 / 24
240 posts Apr 16 2024