7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

stumbled across this guy's flickr page, he's archived one of the largest collections of vintage sports art that i've ever seen....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68089753@N07/page1

01.jpg

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Love this stuff. Wish I could find that book of football art that I have so you could have the exact title of it. Most of my library is packed away in boxes.

I have the Rams '58 yearbook pictured on page 2. Still working my way through his collection though.

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Back when men were men. Look at the tough grizzled guys.
Great stuff A1.

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Love this stuff. Wish I could find that book of football art that I have so you could have the exact title of it. Most of my library is packed away in boxes.

I have the Rams '58 yearbook pictured on page 2. Still working my way through his collection though.

absolutely, if you ever track that book down please post info about it! i'm in the same boat tho, i have a ton of great stuff stored away, it's been stored away for many years, when i was younger i didn't consider it stored away, instead it felt like it was right at my fingertips just not in the way, but as i've gotten older it now feels like the stuff is stored in antarctica, and that i need to prepare for an expedition in i want to locate it...

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:absolutely, if you ever track that book down please post info about it! i'm in the same boat tho, i have a ton of great stuff stored away, it's been stored away for many years, when i was younger i didn't consider it stored away, instead it felt like it was right at my fingertips just not in the way, but as i've gotten older it now feels like the stuff is stored in antarctica, and that i need to prepare for an expedition in i want to locate it...
My problem is that I moved into a new place and have had leaking issues with the roof. It's a condo so the association has to take care of it and that's almost worse than dealing with the government. For example, two Thanksgivings ago I had the annual first rain of the year, indoor pool party. They have long tried to solve the 50 year old roof issues we have by any possible half-assed, shortcut method instead of just fixing it. So, we keep getting foam sprayed up there as a solution. Which is fine most of the time. But after a long, hot summer, that foam constricts and the following first rain is like there's nothing up there at all. After the first rain the foam expands and it actually works.

But I've lost couches, flooring, books, etc. because I've thought that the annual first rain might not be problematic. Long story, long, this year they have actually replaced the roof itself so I am hopeful that the next rain doesn't leak inside. If it doesn't, I may actually feel comfortable enough to set up my library again.

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 19 2024