61 posts
  • 4 / 7
 by Lancer
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   167  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Elvis wrote:This is not our father's NFL, can't believe how fast things move sometimes...

It's chalked up to price of success, this is a business etc etc. as The storied careers with just one, or perhaps two teams are few. The stories of choosing to remain with one team in spite of these truisms, is fewer.

I think there is incalculable loss in that.

by Elvis
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38458  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ziggy wrote:I agree with the positive sentiments here. But I’m still mad at the Chargers for sniping Staley.

I agree we can recover from this through McVay. However this situation is different in that Wade was asked to leave and Staley brought in; losing Staley sucks and it stings.

I agree but this is how it works in the NFL nowadays.

We poached McVay from DC, nabbed Staley from Denver, etc.

One of the reasons good young smart coaches want to work for McVay is it's good for their career. It's double edged sword but one of the edges is pretty sweet...

by actionjack
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Def not surprised pretty much knew this would happen when the Chargers fired their coach.

It sucks, you can't have success for one year without getting poached. How did Saleh last so long.

It really blows, I hope we hire from within, but need to keep the Fangio type defense.

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:BTW, one of the things this GB game reminded me of was our playoff loss to Carolina in 2003 season.

Lovie was on his way to a HC gig and we had an uncharacteristically bad day on defense.

I hope we do better than Larry Marmie as Staley's replacement...
What the GB game illustrated to me was that our success wasn't so much schemes and play calls as it was having Donald wreaking havoc. IMO, any decent DC will be able to lead a good defense if Donald and Ramsey are healthy.

Best of luck to Staley but I think he's taking a bigger bite than McVay did.

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

moklerman wrote:What the GB game illustrated to me was that our success wasn't so much schemes and play calls as it was having Donald wreaking havoc. IMO, any decent DC will be able to lead a good defense if Donald and Ramsey are healthy.

Best of luck to Staley but I think he's taking a bigger bite than McVay did.

I can see the logic in this. I was hoping the GB game may have lowered his stock some but alas. Of course it was the Chargers so lower is still appropriate. I hope he fails.
How he ran the defense and adjusted was noticeably different compared to Phillips. I hope our next hire has similar ability.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I heard that Staley is both near-sighted and left-handed so we could pick up some draft picks for losing a minority.

by AltiTude Ram
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:I heard that Staley is both near-sighted and left-handed so we could pick up some draft picks for losing a minority.

He was clearly handicapped!

Nice to see he overcame it all!

For what its worth, I wear glasses and struggle with my left hand as well. 8-)

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Amazing franchise ? lol. Why does goober come to mind?

• 4 / 7
61 posts Apr 19 2024