67 posts
  • 6 / 7
 by /zn/
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Goff had 17 of the teams 25 turnovers, if you think that is just four games, ok.

You think that every time a qb as one turnover it;s a bad game by him? He had 4 bad games, 2 especially bad (MIami & SF game 2). There were 7 Goff related turnovers in those 2 especially bad games. Since then he has played 6 games (all the way up to Green Bay) with 3 INTs and no fumbles. His int % in those 6 games, taken across 16 games, would rank 4th in the league. So did he/they address the problem or not? If they did why is it considered still a problem?

Meanwhile according to one stat site, Green Bay pressured Goff more times than any team has pressured the Rams offense under McVay, from 2017 on. Yet he held in there, bad thumb and all, no turnover, and played pretty well. Again, is the turnover issue fixed?

I agree with this statement:

actionjack wrote:I think the whole offense has some issues McVay included. Play calling, execution, o-line, turnovers and Goff. They all play a role.

by actionjack
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3943  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:You think that every time a qb as one turnover it;s a bad game by him? He had 4 bad games, 2 especially bad (MIami & SF game 2). There were 7 Goff related turnovers in those 2 especially bad games. Since then he has played 6 games (all the way up to Green Bay) with 3 INTs and no fumbles. His int % in those 6 games, taken across 16 games, would rank 4th in the league. So did he/they address the problem or not? If they did why is it considered still a problem?

Meanwhile according to one stat site, Green Bay pressured Goff more times than any team has pressured the Rams offense under McVay, from 2017 on. Yet he held in there, bad thumb and all, no turnover, and played pretty well. Again, is the turnover issue fixed?

I agree with this statement:

I hope/wish Goff's turnovers are behind him. I dont think we know enough at this point, but I hope you are right. I dont mind a turnover here and there, they are going to happen. But dumb throws (Seattle second game) and several fumbles (lack of protecting the ball) are the issue.

I also want to see Goff get better pocket presence and continue to work on this footwork.
I do think Goff regained some confidence and it showed against GB. He played well. made good throws, but ultimately couldnt get a drive going (not just him) in the 4th. The whole offense needs to do better and he is the one with the ball is his hands so good or bad he drives the bus.

by PARAM
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I want to see him get a good OL. So does Cam Akers. So does Darrell Henderson. And you know who else? The defense. How much better will they be with consistent leads, particularly leads of more than 1 possession?

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Okay....
this is just tongue-in-cheek, (sort of)
so forgive me, the RFU Resident Heretic for 2 seasons, for pointing out the irony of PA wishing Goff "a good OL"...NOW! TODAY! :shock2: :arrow2: :o

CANUCK'S 2019-20 NONSENSICAL HERESY.........VS......THE RFU RELENTLESS CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
Joe Noteboom & Brian Allen were bums in 2019........NOPE! THEY'RE JUST YOUNG. GIVE THEM A FUCKING BREAK!
Aaron Kromer is idiot for no PS reps for Boom/Allen....NOPE! KROMER IS A GENIUS. RAMS UBER LUCKY TO HAVE HIM!
Uncharacteristically Snead fooked up 2018 Draft.........NOPE! RAM 2018 DRAFT WAS SOLID, JUST A FEW INJURIES IS ALL!
Reports from Cleveland diss Corbett's toughness........NOPE! DIMWITTED CLEVELAND BRASS CANT FIND THEIR ASS WITH 2 HANDS!
Blythe smallish & is very weak @ Point of Attack............NOPE! AT $6MIL AUSTIN BLYTHE IS A FUCKING GODDAMN BARGAIN!
Ram weak OL contributed to 4-4 finish last season!.......CANUCK IS CERTIFIABLE! THEY WERE GELLING MARVELOUSLY!!
Big Whit on Cowherd: "Boom &Allen were miscast"......NOPE! WHIT NEVER SAID THAT. HE WAS MISQUOTED. FAKE NEWS!!!! :lol2:
Joe Noteboom will NEVER be Ram longterm LT solution......NOPE! JUST GIVE BOOM TIME WITH THE GENIUS KROMER!

So Uncle Miklos and Cousin Zoltan...
this is where I drop the mike, right???!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Okay....
so forgive me, the RFU Resident Heretic for 2 seasons, for pointing out the irony of PA wishing Goff "a good OL"...NOW! TODAY! :shock2: :arrow2: :o

CANUCK'S 2019-20 NONSENSICAL HERESY.........VS......THE RFU RELENTLESS CONVENTIONAL WISDOM
Joe Noteboom & Brian Allen were bums in 2019........NOPE! THEY'RE JUST YOUNG. GIVE THEM A FUCKING BREAK!
Aaron Kromer is idiot for no PS reps for Boom/Allen....NOPE! KROMER IS A GENIUS. RAMS UBER LUCKY TO HAVE HIM!
Uncharacteristically Snead fooked up 2018 Draft.........NOPE! RAM 2018 DRAFT WAS SOLID, JUST A FEW INJURIES IS ALL!
Reports from Cleveland diss Corbett's toughness........NOPE! DIMWITTED CLEVELAND BRASS CANT FIND THEIR ASS WITH 2 HANDS!
Blythe smallish & is very weak @ Point of Attack............NOPE! AT $6MIL AUSTIN BLYTHE IS A FUCKING GODDAMN BARGAIN!
Ram weak OL contributed to 4-4 finish last season!.......CANUCK IS CERTIFIABLE! THEY WERE GELLING MARVELOUSLY!!
Big Whit on Cowherd: "Boom &Allen were miscast"......NOPE! WHIT NEVER SAID THAT. HE WAS MISQUOTED. FAKE NEWS!!!! :lol2:
Joe Noteboom will NEVER be Ram longterm LT solution......NOPE! JUST GIVE BOOM TIME WITH THE GENIUS KROMER!

C'mon it wasn't that bad. ;) I will say you didn't get much agreement from many about Kromer. Myself included. In defense, that was closer in time to the line which still had Sully and Saffold.
I think after venting with everyone around here and after a reading few threads which provoked some reflection and thought, I humbly conclude we all want more for & from the team next year. A powerful line is most likely the quickest and most affordable way to get there. I say go all out on the line and related staff.
Also find that scary receiver. We have 4 solid guys so there must be a trade out there. just don't include Kupp or 'Trees'.
Hire a good DC and STC and the rest will work itself out.

And why does everyone drop mic's lately? A good mic wont work to long that way.

by UtahRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

My sister wants to bang him so there's that.

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago

UtahRam wrote:My sister wants to bang him so there's that.

haha McVay? or Goff?

by UtahRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:haha McVay? or Goff?

McVay.

by PARAM
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Okay....

Yes, Canuck, you were right about the OL deficiencies. Also speaking of tongue in cheek (sort of). >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A couple other spot on evaluations from the great white north.You were also right about Higbee deserving the nice contract they gave him. I think there's a thread somewhere on that. And Leonard Floyd......you were high on that free agent acquisition when it happened too, IIRC. :lol2: I don't remember but how high were you on the Brandon Staley hire....at mean at the time, not now? Didn't you predict we'd have the number 1 defense or something? 8-)

So for the 2021 OL, what should be the plan? Who should they replace on the OL and with whom should they replace them? How much cap should we spend on that endeavor? Who in the draft should they target? And have you tracked down those pictures of McVay Kromer possesses? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to wait for free agency and the draft. After that lousy finish to the season, I'd like to know now.

And btw, where do you keep that mic? Cause I know a place that would be great! :D ;) 8-)

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago

UtahRam wrote:McVay.

Ahh yes. There's just one problem though.

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

• 6 / 7
67 posts Apr 18 2024