United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Isn't that pre June 1st?

by AltiTude Ram
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Hacksaw wrote:Isn't that pre June 1st?

Exactly, use the scroll down button to get to post June 1st trade.

by Indrid Cold
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

This shows a pre June 1 trade. Goff's cap hit would be $22.2M (the dead money), which would save $12.4M from his current number of $34.6M.

I'm guessing there would be dead money in future years as well. I'm not sure if that is what the chart is showing for 2022 ($15.4M) and 2023 ($8.6M)...or whether those numbers are for a trade in those years. I think it's the former; dead money will occur past this year if traded this year.

by AltiTude Ram
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Indrid Cold wrote:This shows a pre June 1 trade. Goff's cap hit would be $22.2M (the dead money), which would save $12.4M from his current number of $34.6M.

I'm guessing there would be dead money in future years as well. I'm not sure if that is what the chart is showing for 2022 ($15.4M) and 2023 ($8.6M)...or whether those numbers are for a trade in those years. I think it's the former; dead money will occur past this year if traded this year.

Thanks and always appreciate your input...especially with the cap!

Again, if you use the scroll button...you can move from pre-June1st-cut to post-June1st-trade. The dead cap is much better.

by 69RamFan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

AltiTude Ram wrote:I suppose It would be good if I left a link. Sorry for not referencing this earlier.

https://overthecap.com/player/jared-goff/4714

Ok,, I got it,,,

I had to do it over,,, I was looking at pre Jun 1st...

But IMO,,,, trading after Jun 1st...

Would be missing all of those off season/OTAs....

by ramsman34
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Hey, RG3 just got released. He’s mobile still, I think b

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Cap savings or better line?

by Kid Charlamagne
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

It’s a popular topic but most of what I’ve heard is unlikely. “The rams need to figure out what to do with Goff”, I don’t see a scenario where Goff isn’t Qb next year. Are they going to draft a qb in the 2nd and have him take over? Lawrence, Fields and a couple other guys anyone else is gonna take time. Maybe Wolford is the guy? And pay Goff 30 mil to hold a clipboard? Cut him? We got enough cap problems without giving away money. Watson? Gonna have to be a trade and we got no 1st rounder til 2030.

by majik
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I'd think if we really were moving on from Goff, McVay would want a vet similar to Goff but more to his liking. Maybe Cousins, Stafford, Ryan, someone like that who could theoretically step in day one and run the offense at a high level.

Any rookie would take some developing and i'd think McVay (and the Rams) would want immediate returns if they made a change...

None of those QB’s would do better than Goff behind this OL

• 4 / 30
293 posts Apr 16 2024