• 3 / 4
 by Ramsdude
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:Just to had,,,

If Wolford was so much better,,,

Don't you think McVay being the Head Coach would of started in from the get go??? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

The only reason why he got playing time, because Goff injured his thumb,,, other wise,,, he'd still be sitting on the bench...

The Kid is under six foot and don't let the profile fool you by it saying he is 6'1" because he was standing next to Akers,,, and he is listed at 5'11" and he's not taller than him...

His arm is no wear near Goff's arm strength or accuracy...

Wolford is a "poor man's" McVay! In fact he kinda looks like him too!

I agree 69, Wolford is too small. His "legs" are ok but nothing special. He broke off some runs because AZ wasn't expecting him to run IMO. Now people are saying he is a "mobile" QB? Shitattle was ready for it and made him pay the first chance they got. They made him an "immobile" QB. :lol2:

Wolford's arm is too weak to make some of the needed throws at the NFL level. His passes arrive late and behind which lead to int's.

Seems like a nice guy. Just not NFL quality. I don't get all the Wolford love but to each their own I guess.

by 69RamFan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3175  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Ramsdude wrote:Wolford is a "poor man's" McVay! In fact he kinda looks like him too!

I agree 69, Wolford is too small. His "legs" are ok but nothing special. He broke off some runs because AZ wasn't expecting him to run IMO. Now people are saying he is a "mobile" QB? Shitattle was ready for it and made him pay the first chance they got. They made him an "immobile" QB. :lol2:

Wolford's arm is too weak to make some of the needed throws at the NFL level. His passes arrive late and behind which lead to int's.

Seems like a nice guy. Just not NFL quality. I don't get all the Wolford love but to each their own I guess.

It's called Prisoner of the moment.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

That looks more like a mug shot and IQ stats

by actionjack
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Elvis wrote:You are what your record says you are.

McVay is 43-21
Pederson is 42-37 but he has a chip and that means a lot.

If McVay starts putting up losing seasons then we can talk. Until then i'm comfortable riding this horse even if it turns out McVay doesn't think Goff is the best QB for his offense...

I agree 1000%. Its amazing, we have been in the playoffs 3/4 the four years and there is skeptism. McVay isnt perfect, but he is pretty damn good. He wanted to improve the defense, bam hires someone no ever heard of and he transforms our defense to No.1.

Now McVays offense has not been consistent, i think that is talent related and some scheme. Coaches eventually catch up, they always do. But the Rams had one of the best o-lines, that is not the case anymore. In those games where Goff is slinging it, there is no one around him. Newsflash like most non mobile QB's, Goff struggles with pressure. He needs to improve and McVay needs to adapt.

One final thing, to say that McVay didnt realize what he had in Akers is ludicrous. It took Akers time to figure it out. He was not the runner in Game 1 that he was in Game 17 or the playoffs, also he got hurt, also Henderson is pretty damn good also. Anyway, like most rookies the light goes on at some point and they start to play fast, Akers is now playing fast. Now we just need Akers and Henderson to stay on the field.

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

mcvay has been nothing short of a godsend, but i'm past ready to start seeing him live up to his reputation again.

after ranking 2nd and 3rd in offensive scoring in 2017 and 2018, and 2nd for the 2-year stretch behind only the chiefs, the rams dropped to 15th and 23rd in 2019 and 2020, and rank 18th in offensive scoring for the 2019-2020 stretch. 18th.

the bleak reality is that the rams would have been very lucky to win 6 games in 2020 had the defense not been top tier, and we would be looking at a 9-7 season followed by a 6-10 season and two years of no playoffs.

a big part of mcvay's "genius" reputation was built on taking a qb "bust" (according to more than a few talking heads) and turning him into a two-time pro bowler, yet for some reason mcvay is no longer capable of coming close to this, in fact the narrative seems to be that the same qb has now undermined mcvay's genius.

this season rookie no-name jake luton with zero nfl starts under his belt, who started the year as the jags third qb on the depth chart, put up 25 offensive points in his first nfl start when forced to cover for both minshew and glennon, undrafted rookie backup brett rypien put up 37 in his first nfl start, and undrafted rookie phillip walker put up 20 in his first nfl start.

wolford? with an offensive genius head coach? 9 offensive points in 1+ games, 9 offensive points on 12 drives... hc/oc team rhule/brady, marrone/gruden and fangio/shurmur were able to get more out of their no-name backups, backups who btw didn't have the benefit of a full preseason with their teams, than mcvay/o'connell got out of wolford. why? how?

yet we're told how well wolford did, and how "energized" the offense looked. ok.

anyway i believe in mcvay, and i dig mcvay, i think he's a young, smart guy who is all about football, but that genius stuff is fading fast as far as i can tell, hopefully it will shine again in 2021.

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:mcvay has been nothing short of a godsend, but i'm past ready to start seeing him live up to his reputation again.

after ranking 2nd and 3rd in offensive scoring in 2017 and 2018, and 2nd for the 2-year stretch behind only the chiefs, the rams dropped to 15th and 23rd in 2019 and 2020, and rank 18th in offensive scoring for the 2019-2020 stretch. 18th.

the bleak reality is that the rams would have been very lucky to win 6 games in 2020 had the defense not been top tier, and we would be looking at a 9-7 season followed by a 6-10 season and two years of no playoffs.

a big part of mcvay's "genius" reputation was built on taking a qb "bust" (according to more than a few talking heads) and turning him into a two-time pro bowler, yet for some reason mcvay is no longer capable of coming close to this, in fact the narrative seems to be that the same qb has now undermined mcvay's genius.

this season rookie no-name jake luton with zero nfl starts under his belt, who started the year as the jags third qb on the depth chart, put up 25 offensive points in his first nfl start when forced to cover for both minshew and glennon, undrafted rookie backup brett rypien put up 37 in his first nfl start, and undrafted rookie phillip walker put up 20 in his first nfl start.

wolford? with an offensive genius head coach? 9 offensive points in 1+ games, 9 offensive points on 12 drives... hc/oc team rhule/brady, marrone/gruden and fangio/shurmur were able to get more out of their no-name backups, backups who btw didn't have the benefit of a full preseason with their teams, than mcvay/o'connell got out of wolford. why? how?

yet we're told how well wolford did, and how "energized" the offense looked. ok.

anyway i believe in mcvay, and i dig mcvay, i think he's a young, smart guy who is all about football, but that genius stuff is fading fast as far as i can tell, hopefully it will shine again in 2021.
Totally dishonest to just look at the points scored in Wolford's start. The team was moving up and down the field much better than with Goff and if not for a dropped TD by Everett and Akers fumbling at the goal line, we're talking 23 points in 3 quarters once Wolford shook off the butterflies.

Why misrepresent the situation like this? I mean, if we're going to look at what's really going on, why turn a blind eye to what actually happened during the game and just skim the surface by stating the final score?

by aeneas1
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Totally dishonest to just look at the points scored in Wolford's start. The team was moving up and down the field much better than with Goff and if not for a dropped TD by Everett and Akers fumbling at the goal line, we're talking 23 points in 3 quarters once Wolford shook off the butterflies.

Why misrepresent the situation like this? I mean, if we're going to look at what's really going on, why turn a blind eye to what actually happened during the game and just skim the surface by stating the final score?

nonsense, all teams have bad breaks, as far moving the ball up and down the field, excluding the injury drive, 7 of the 11 drives netted just 39 total yards including four 3 and outs and a pick.

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:nonsense, all teams have bad breaks, as far moving the ball up and down the field, excluding the injury drive, 7 of the 11 drives netted just 39 total yards including four 3 and outs and a pick.
Like I said, you're just misrepresenting things. I already said that Wolford had a rough start, the first 2 drives were bad. But the third drive was a 20 play, 69 yard drive for a FG. The fourth drive was 13 play 80 yard drive that Akers fumbled away at the goal line. Couple of 3 and outs. Scored on a pick 6. Opened the 2nd half with a 16 play drive for a FG. Next series was an 11 play drive for a FG where Everett dropped the TD. Another 3 and out and then a 7 play drive of the 4 minute drill where they took it from 4:24 left down to 29 seconds left.

The game was all about the long, sustained drives and any reasonable person would acknowledge that Wolford did much more than what the final score showed. He moved the team consistently and had long sustained drives that under most circumstances would have netted 2 more TD's.

by Elvis
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:Totally dishonest to just look at the points scored in Wolford's start. The team was moving up and down the field much better than with Goff and if not for a dropped TD by Everett and Akers fumbling at the goal line, we're talking 23 points in 3 quarters once Wolford shook off the butterflies.

LOL.

Rams were 11th in yards per game in 2020.

You think that was just a Wolford thing?

• 3 / 4
31 posts Apr 19 2024