21 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Houston routs Detroit. But don't despair Lions fans, it could be worse. The NY Jets can be eliminated with a loss this week OR a win by any one of Miami, Las Vegas or Baltimore.

Next up: Washington / Dallas

Hard not to root for Alex Smith. Easy to root against the Cowboys.

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Miserable long developing fake punt attempt by Bones/Dallas can't even get back to the line of scrimmage let alone a first down.

So do we want Bones back when he gets fired?

It occurs to me that if we might end up having to play the NFC East winner on the road, would prefer Dallas for the dome/weather.

And then it occurs to me how painful it is to root for that team. They are awful...

by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

What I thought when that happened was why? It's a 4 point game in the third quarter!!!! All I can say now is Bones must be a very persuasive salesman.

My money is on Washington for the East but if they win, it'll probably come down to a week 17 matchup in Philly. The Eagles schedule is brutal....Seattle, @GBay, N.Orleans,@ Arizona, @Dallas, vs Washington. Washington plays Pittsburgh, SF, Seattle, Carolina and Philly. The Giants are @Cincy, @Seattle, vs Arizona, vs Cleveland, @Baltimore and vs Dallas. Dallas goes to Baltimore, to Cincy, vs SF, vs Philly and @NYGiants. The division could be won with 6 wins!!!!

And the NFC West will play a huge role. Seattle plays everybody in the East but Dallas, two on the road. Arizona plays Philly and the Giants. SF plays Washington and Dallas. Glad they're going up against teams fighting for their lives.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

I know this is a thread for other NFL games but this North Carolina/Notre Dame game is a good one. ABC.

by aeneas1
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

replacement qbs this week:

bengals - brandon allen (promoted from practice squad)
broncos - hinton (practice squad wr) or freeman (rb)
niners - mullens
saints - hill
bears - trubisky
ravens - rg3

rivers, minshew and tagovailoa questionabe.

welcome to the 2020 nfl.

by snackdaddy
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I remember when Dallas was supposed to be a legit Superbowl team. And the pundits were praising the McCarthy hire for the reason. If he's such a miracle worker why are they so bad? Could it be that McCarthy had the benefit of a Hall of Fame player his whole career in Green Bay? That without an elite quarterback he's not even an average coach?

by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I remember when Dallas was supposed to be a legit Superbowl team. And the pundits were praising the McCarthy hire for the reason. If he's such a miracle worker why are they so bad? Could it be that McCarthy had the benefit of a Hall of Fame player his whole career in Green Bay? That without an elite quarterback he's not even an average coach?

Dallas was supposed to be a Superbowl team back in 2017, Dak's 2nd year!!! They had the #7 D in 2018 but that was all Garrett's fault and again in 2018 and 2019. WTF happened to that D? McCarthy? Not impressed but I think the difficulty of head coaching under Jerrah is about as difficult as managing under Steinbrenner, sans the Championships. Too much hands on shit.

by DirtyFacedKid
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

So, the Broncos have no QBs this week. They're starting a practice squad WR at the position. This, after the NFL declined their request to start a QB coach. This is crazy!!!

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think part of the reason the NFL is being so hard core on Denver is they didn't follow the protocols.

Spread has moved over 10 points from Saints -5.5 to -16.5 and o/u has come down 10 points to 36.5.

So i guess they're expecting Denver to score 10 less points and a score of 26 to 10, give or take...

• 1 / 3
21 posts Apr 19 2024