86 posts
  • 3 / 9
 by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Especially, with all the long trips we've had

I know it's been demonstrated during their road games but starting in week 2, going to Philly and ending in week 11, going to Tampa, they've flown 23411 miles in 10 weeks. That's 2341 per week....a lot. Now the longest trip they take is 959 miles to Seattle. Phoenix is just 357 miles and the other 4 games are at home. Getting fresh for the most important part of the season!!!

by Hacksaw
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Lets start by busting the Nein'ers lip.

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay – Media Availability – November 25, 2020

(On injury updates)
"(LB) Micah (Kiser) is banged up right now. I would be very surprised if he was able to play this week. We didn't really practice today, it was just an above-the-neck day. If we had practice – did not participate – (DL Aaron) Donald, Kiser, (TE Tyler) Higbee – Tyler banged up his elbow a little bit, we'll see what that means for his status. Micah is out with his knee, would be surprised if he plays this week. Aaron got a rest day and then (OL) Brian Allen has had some issues with his knee and he's limited.”

(On the 49ers winning three-straight games and any trends behind it)
“They've done a great job. You mentioned it. I mean, you go back to last year's games, the first time that we played them, they were really rolling. I thought the defense competed well, but offensively, we weren't really able to move the ball at all. It was a really tough day. Then later on in the season, on the Saturday night game, it was a great back-and-forth game that came down to the wire where they kick a field goal on the last second after getting a couple of third-and-long conversions. Then this year, they did a good job coming out from the jump and outplaying us. We're very aware of what you just mentioned. This isn't like this isn't a great football team. They’re the reigning NFC Champions, a couple plays away from being Super Bowl Champions. I know too much about these guys and their coaches and their players to ever take anything for granted. We know what a great coaching staff, what great players they have. We know how on the screws we have to be to try to go get our eighth win this week.”

(On the 49ers defense and the challenges they present)
“They do a great job. I think (49ers Defensive Coordinator) Robert Saleh as good coordinator as there is, mixes it up well. Their coaching staff gets their guys ready to go. (DL Kerry) Hyder (Jr.) and (DL Arik) Armstead have played really well off their edges. I think (LB) Fred Warner is one of the best players in this league that doesn't get talked about enough. I think same for (DB) Jimmie Ward. I don't know exactly what their corner situation is if (CB Richard) Sherman will be back. (CB Jason Verrett) has played outstanding, as has (CB Emmanuel) Moseley. They've got guys that are competitive, (CB Jamar) Taylor is playing really well at the nickel spot. I don't know, run, pass, I'm not as sure the stats. I know this is a really good defense when you flip on the film and they play well in all phases, in every situation.”

(On how QB Jared Goff handling situations over the few weeks from a self-scout and execution to correct things)
“It was really just as simple as, some of those all-out pressures that we talked about, (QB) Jared (Goff) did a great job handling it as did the other 10 (guys) around him. When they do that, there's no safety in the middle of the field. Everybody is basically isolated on their coverage and that means they're bringing more than you can protect. Usually that elicits a certain response from the offense. Jared did a nice job. They did a handful of those the other day. That was something that they had done last year when we played them. That's kind of been a staple of a (Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator) Todd Bowles led defense, and they're a great defense. There were some critical situations – you look at the end of the half where we hit (WR) Robert Woods, that gets us a field goal. Then the pass to (WR) Cooper (Kupp) was another situation that ended up being critical conversions for us that got us field goal in both those situations that ended up being the difference in winning and losing. I was really pleased with Jared and the rest of the offense for executing there.”

(On Goff’s play success rate increasing weekly since the Dolphins game and what that says about him and the offense)
“Yeah, it says that he's doing a great job with his preparation. There was never a question of whether he was capable of handling it that way or not. I think he and (Offensive Coordinator) Kevin (O’Connel) have done an excellent job getting prepared, having ownership of the plan, and then ultimately when those situations and scenarios present themselves, let's go make the play, lets execute. Let's have great communication amongst your teammates. That's exactly what he's done really each of the last two weeks in those specific moments that you're talking about. I think it's been imperative for us to be able to be efficient offensively and very, very pleased with that. And now we've got to see it continue.”

(On a lack of holding calls called against Donald and if it’s a problem, does he make a case to league about)
“Here's what I would say. You know, Aaron, Donald, there's, there's the letter of the law, there's the exact way that it's worded in terms of in the rule book and how it's officiated. Aaron is one of those guys that if you really watched it closely, with how disruptive he is, you could probably get one on him every single play. I think he's that special. It's something that we do monitor. I think it's my job to make sure that I’m making the officials aware. They've been great communicating with me really, all the crews that we've had have done a great job communicating with me throughout the course of games. But I look at it as that's my role and responsibility to make sure that ahead of the games that you're able to kind of point out and anticipate some of those things that might present themselves, specifically for a player like Aaron. And then we just continue to play. Then if there's ever any gray, we send those into the league to get clarity on how things are being officiated, how they saw it. But we'll never make excuses. We play the next snap and I know that's exactly how Aaron's wired and that's why I love him so much.”

(On if he has sent any plays into the league)
"We do that every week if there's certain ones dependent upon if we are looking for clarity on something that was called against us, maybe not called. There's a bunch of different reasons why we do that, but it's all about educational purposes and making sure that coaches and players are all on the same page.”

(On specific calls regarding Donald being submitted to the league)
"There has been some that the crews have mentioned that there were some missed calls and the League Office has done a great job being able to kind of give us clarity on some of those. I think it's really difficult to officiate a game with all the moving parts. I think they've done a nice job and I appreciate the clarity when we do send those things in.”

(On if Kiser’s injury is a one-game injury and if LB Troy Reeder steps into that role)
"He (LB Troy Reeder) will. We're figuring that out right now, whether it's one week, whether it's two weeks. I don't know the extent of how long he'll be out. I do think it would be surprising if he was available to go this week.”

(On how Reeder has evolved)
"I think the good thing is when you go back to last year, he got a lot of meaningful snaps. You look at our three inside backers, they're youthful players, but now all of them have gotten really good experience with, with Micah, with Troy, with (LB) Kenny (Young) I do have a lot of confidence in Troy to step in and seamlessly handle the job. (He has) great athleticism and I think he's really done a great job of preparing himself for when his opportunities do come up. He was ready to go against Washington. I thought last year, he definitely demonstrated as a rookie, it wasn't too big for him where he started a handful of games at Mike linebacker and played a significant amount of snaps. Expect him to step in and do a great job for us this week as well.”

(On how he makes sure his team stays focused)
"We haven't beat them. They've beat us three straight times. You flip on the film and I don't care who's playing, who's not, they find a way to compete and do a great job. I think our team has a good focus resolve right now. We know what a great challenge it is and we know how well we have to play to be able to come away with a win. I'm not in the least bit concerned about our players focusing concentration. There's too much respect for the opponent for us to have any sort of lapse.”

(On his favorite Thanksgiving dish)
"Whatever my mom puts in front of me, or Veronika, I'm pretty easy. My mom's always made a good broccoli casserole, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese. I'm pretty easy. I'm not too high maintenance when it comes to food.”

(On OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo returning)
"His 21-day clock starts now. I would be surprised if this week was a possibility. I think it's good just to be able to get them out there and get them going, get some work, get his legs underneath him, get his wind back. He's going to add a boost to us with the juice that he has coming off the edge. I know he's anxiously awaited the opportunity to get back on the field. He's done everything in his power to take care of himself and attack the rehab process. It's good to be able to see him back out there. When he gets back, it'll be somewhere between now and the next 21 days. I can guarantee that.”

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

The last time we faced the 9ers I felt a sense of dread all week. It felt like a trap.

Everything in the world was in our favor. It should have been a slam dunk, but something in me, something in the back of my mind kept whispering; this isn't good. To quote a million different Star Wars characters "I have a bad feeling about this."

I was SOOOOO angry when the Rams couldn't pull their collective heads out of their asses and muster up a win over a team that was on it's death bed.

Here we are again. The 9ers, knocking on heaven's door, but this time after a bye. Those that can play will be rested, and their very own wunderkind coach has had a week to scheme against us. BUT!! Our D has finally figured out what they are. They know the plans, the plays, they're no longer learning the new system, they are perfecting it!

Last time I was worried. From the end of the previous game, all the way until victory was out of the question.

This time though, this time I'm not worried at all. We got this. San Frans season ends on sunday.

by ramsman34
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8515  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

No Kittle, no GSpot.

The Rams are going to fucking freight train the whiners. Mark my word. I have been calling close games all season. Not this week. We are going to straight hammer fuck the whiners.

Rams 34
Whiners 13

by ramsman34
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8515  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Man. The toughest thing is going to be this short week and guys being dinged and not available Sunday. That’s 3 top guys in Kizer, Higs, and DLew

by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The Rams haven't won three games in a row since weeks 1-3 last year. McVay is 3-4 vs San Fran, though one loss was that week 17 concession game when everybody sat. They need to win this game for multiple reasons. First, the division title remains in our hands with a win. Second, a win will show a bit more consistency. Third, it will set up the makings of a strong finish going into the final 5 weeks of the season. Lastly, it's the freaking niners.

Longest win streaks for McVay
2017 - 4 & 2* (*3 times)
2018 - 8 & 3* (*once)
2019 - 3 & 2* (*twice)
2020 - 2* (*3 times)

Longest losing streaks
2017 - 1
2018 - 2
2019 - 3 & 2
2020 - 1

How they finished
2017 - 2-2 (4-2)
2018 - 2-2 (4-2)
2019 - 2-2 (3-3)
2020 - ?-?

Finishing strong starts this Sunday.

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay – Media Availability – November 26, 2020

(Opening statement)
"Happy Thanksgiving to everybody. I hope you guys are doing good. From an injury standpoint, (TE) Tyler Higbee did not participate with his elbow, so we'll just continue to monitor his status as we get closer. Then, (OLB) Terrell Lewis did not participate because of his knee, he had some swelling, we drained it and we're going to continue to monitor that. Then we put (ILB) Micah Kiser on IR today."

(On if Kiser's injury is season-ending and will the team be promoting anybody)
"So, don't expect that to be season ending. Don't expect it to require surgery. Because of the circumstances this year, just with the unlimited IRs and how quickly guys can return, that was kind of the thought process. As far as promoting somebody, do anticipate that a little bit later in the week, but because we've been able to stay relatively healthy, what we're concerned is making sure that we're able to get the appropriate guys up for our 48 (man gameday roster). Who that ends up being, we kind of have an idea, but it hasn't been determined yet, so I don't want to announce that.”

(On if Kiser will be out for longer than three weeks)
"The hope is that it's just those three games. It was something that you even debate whether or not you wanted to do it because it's kind of right in that fringe area. It is something that we'll just continue to monitor and I'll keep you posted once it gets back to where he could potentially return and see where we're at then."

(On OLB Derek Rivers arrival and if he will play this weekend)
"So, he'll get in Saturday. We don't anticipate him playing Sunday. It's a little bit different than kind of what last week was with (K) Matt (Gay) and being able to just kind of, you know, you're coming into kick, there's not a lot of tactical things that you have to go climbing and because of the continuity with (LS) Jake (McQuaide) and (P) Johnny (Hekker), we felt okay about that. But this will be something that we'll get him in here, he was somebody that our coaching staff on defense really like some of the skillsets that he possesses, and we'll see how it goes."

(On what has attributed to creating turnovers)
"It's always a point of emphasis. I think the defense has done an outstanding job. Really, we tried to reset coming off of the bye and really make that a big point of emphasis to win the turnover battle week-in and week-out. We were plus-two against Seattle. We were even last week. But I do think in a lot of instances, that fourth-and-one stop by (CB) Jalen (Ramsey), where he ended up preventing them from converting by being stout at the point against (Buccaneers WR) Mike Evans. Then he and (Buccaneers WR Chris) Godwin got their feet tangled up. So, that ended up kind of serving as a turnover as well. But offensively, we've got to take better care of the football, you know the screen for the interception and then the other one later on, it could have been costly. It has been an emphasis. Our defensive coaches have done a great job. We always talk about attacking the ball and creating those takeaways. Other than points, there's no better indicator of wins and losses than winning that turnover battle. That's why I think all 32 teams are probably emphasizing it, but it’s something that we try to be pretty intentional about.”

(On if the intensive COVID Protocol is helping the team recover)
“I think the benefit for us is being in an environment where the weather is so nice that we can utilize that tent. That was part of something going way back early on that we had kind of envisioned this possible scenario to be able to still meet, but be able to follow all the precautionary measures and preventative maintenance, if you will. We've had a little bit of zoom meetings, but our ability to meet in person, outdoors has really been an advantage for us. Then we've kind of expedited the day as far as just making it truly as efficient as possible. It's been a good thing for us. I think the guys have handled it really well and I would be willing to bet that they probably haven't felt much of a difference compared to how we've been operating beforehand, because there's been just very minimal changes we've had to make to this schedule.”

(On the expectation Higbee’s status for Sunday)
“I think it's going to come down to possibly a game-time decision. We know how tough Tyler is. I know he's going to do everything in his power to push through it, but we also want to be smart with him. So, he truly is questionable as of right now. I think you've always got to go into it with contingency plans, so you're not caught off guard if he isn't able to go. But if he is, then that's a bonus for us.”

(On Defensive Coordinator Brandon Staley’s effort to stay ahead of the curve)
“I think what he's doing such a great job of is adjusting and adapting week-in and week-out. Defense is a little bit different, where offense in a lot of instances, kind of dictates based on, all right which personnel are they going to activate? Which plays are they run? Then defensively so much of what you have to do is adjusting or making sure that you have contingency plans for whatever the offense can activate. But you do have a philosophy behind how you want to operate and what you're seeing is, is what was so impressive about (Defensive Coordinator) Brandon (Staley) from the first time I met him. I love his leadership along with our other coaches and then how the players have really taken ownership on the system. That's what it's about. It's about our players, number one, and then being able to kind of have that philosophy come to life. Each week presents a different approach based on how you want to defend the personnel and the scheme and that's what I think our coaches and Brandon's leadership have done an outstanding job of putting together plans week-in and week-out that accentuate our player skill sets and kind of try to cause problems for the opposing offense. It’s be a great challenge this week against a great coaching staff. They do a great job with their scheme. They're as good as anybody in this league. I know we all know what a great challenge it will be.”

(On Staley’s success at making halftime adjustments)
“He's done a great job. That’s been one of the strengths of our team, of our defense and it's a real credit to Brandon and the rest of our defensive coaches.”

(On if the Monday night game and Thanksgiving have thrown off the schedule this week)
“Not too much, really it was yesterday. The normal Wednesday was a little bit more modified than it would have typically been. We had to accelerate our game plans, but today, on Thanksgiving, even though I know this is anything but a normal year, you usually have practice in the morning and try to get the guys out of there so they can spend the rest of their day with their families. That's what we did last year and each of the first couple of years. So that hasn't really been any different and then tomorrow will be a normal Friday for us. So, it's kind of getting back to normal and I think it actually serves as a nice, natural break for the players. I've loved the way they've handled the last couple of days. I think having a little bit of a break and then coming back refreshed on Friday will serve us well and we’ll be ready to roll on Sunday against the 49ers.”

(On is Lewis injury related to the previous knee injury)
“Yeah, it's still his knee. He’s had some different issues with it. It's all related in some form or fashion, but he had some swelling we had to drain it. We're kind of waiting to get some further information on his status and what that looks like moving forward.”

(On what the defense will be missing without Kiser)
“Command, physicality, you know, just his presence. You could see, even going back to when you're studying him at Virginia, he just makes his presence felt. He's a very physical player that when he arrives, he arrives violently. Especially now without these fans, when you watch these TV copies, you hear him, where he's thumping people. I think he does such a great job of having ownership on exactly what's going on. He and ‘JJ’ (S John Johnson III) are ultimately probably the biggest communicators on the defense and now (ILB) Troy (Reeder) will step into that role. Definitely, you'll miss him, but you do feel fortunate that somebody like Troy is able to fill in and do a nice job for us.”

• 3 / 9
86 posts Apr 15 2024