23 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

line has moved from 5.5 to 6.0 as money seems to be coming in on the rams... also, rams open as early 3.5 road faves @ miami next week...

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I dunno. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't see the Rams as a favorite. I see this game as a tossup. Maybe last week jaded me. But that team we saw last week should not be favored over a 5-1 team.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I dunno. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't see the Rams as a favorite. I see this game as a tossup. Maybe last week jaded me. But that team we saw last week should not be favored over a 5-1 team.

prob is we've seen that team against the niners, giants, first half against the bills and arguably the second half against the cowboys (imo)...

the more nfl games i watch the more i come away thinking that the rams passing game is so scripted, so controlled, so confined, as if they call a play pre-snap and if the defense doesn't change they run the play regardless if it's open or not, if it's not goff throws it away or forces it, while rarely attempting an off-schedule stab at something else, not because he can't, but because that's the offense mcvay has designed... and it's because of this that the offense can look so bad at times, a lack of plan b, the lack of being able to adapt if the d guesses right... other top passing offenses seem more ready and able to pivot, to adapt, when they don't get the look they want... of course it could be that this isn't the case at all and that i'm just a bit frustrated in the rams lack offensive consistency.

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:prob is we've seen that team against the niners, giants, first half against the bills and arguably the second half against the cowboys (imo)...

the more nfl games i watch the more i come away thinking that the rams passing game is so scripted, so controlled, so confined, as if they call a play pre-snap and if the defense doesn't change they run the play regardless if it's open or not, if it's not goff throws it away or forces it, while rarely attempting an off-schedule stab at something else, not because he can't, but because that's the offense mcvay has designed... and it's because of this that the offense can look so bad at times, a lack of plan b, the lack of being able to adapt if the d guesses right... other top passing offenses seem more ready and able to pivot, to adapt, when they don't get the look they want... of course it could be that this isn't the case at all and that i'm just a bit frustrated in the rams lack offensive consistency.

I was cautiously optimistic before last game. I saw some things I liked. But that last game just took the excitement out of me. Its possible we're nothing more than a .500 team. Its also possible we're something more than a .500 team.

by Elvis
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Not that there's any correlation between how i feel and how it goes but i feel pretty good about tonight's game...

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

last week's loss to sfo (and the meager 16 offensive points scored) was a big letdown, the solid outings by all 3 nfc west teams this week, all scoring above 30 (33, 34 and 37), seems to have just added to the sfo letdown, for me at least, how could it not? a win vs the bears sure would be nice, a convincing win even nicer.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I feel ya on those last 2 posts, Elvis and A1. The season won't be won or lost tonight. But, tonight will tell us a lot about our team. I feel they respond to adversity pretty well. And they too saw what their division did offensively yesterday. I want to feel good about this game but the funk from the 49er game (see what I did there Joe Walsh fans, lol) is still engrained in my mind.

by Elvis
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's a week to week league. We all want to put a ton of significance on each game, draw broad conclusions, but that only gets you so far, IMO.

The Niners were reeling after getting embarrassed by Miami then they beat us and we, rightly, felt pretty bad about ourselves. Yesterday they went into NE and absolutely destroyed them. Maybe we should feel better about ourselves because of that?

The transitive property doesn't really work in the NFL. It's a week to week thing, at least somewhat...

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

While I agree, I think we are all looking for a high level of consistency and winning at least at a 2:1 clip (10:6, 11:5), preferably 3:1 (12:4). Breaking down the season in quarters, and taking it one game at a time, we went 3:1 first quarter and are 1:1 so far second quarter. We can still get to 3:1. Starts tonight.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

just got back from running a few errands and had the radio tuned to local sf bay area sports talk radio, talk about a niners slobberfest, good grief.... the first thing i hear is three morons talking about how bad the rams are, by far the weakest in the nfc west, and at best a middle of the pack nfc west team, then they listed the teams the rams have beat, only lowly nfc east teams... they were quick to mention that the niners lost to one of these lowly nfc east teams, but it didn't really count as a strike because jimmy was out... then they moved on to this week's patriots whipping, claiming that this was the real niners, while also pretending that the niners whipped the 2018 brady-led patriots instead of a patriots team that just got beat by the lowly last place broncos...

• 2 / 3
23 posts Apr 19 2024