33 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by actionjack
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:and if the rams lose it will still look the same, except they'll be 4-3 in last place instead of 4-2.... looking at the cards, it's hard to understand how they lost back to back games to the 3-3 lions and the 3-4 panthers... anyway, the cards now own the best nfc west division record:

2-0 cards
1-1 niners
0-1 rams
0-1 seahawks

Take aways from last night. The seahawks really choked that game away. Their defense is legit the worst it has been since before the legion of boom. The Cards defense is also suspect. The Cards in general have looked very uneven this season.

The best part is neither the hawks or cards have even an average pass rush, which bodes well matchup wise with the Rams.

Perspective...The Rams played horrible last week and still lost by one score. Let do this, go beat Chicago. Defense is gonna have to bring it.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

moklerman wrote:I think they talked about it on SNF but this is the first time since the '70's that all the teams in a division are over .500 this late in the year. Kind of a cheat since there are only 4 teams now, but still...

And, with the new format, all cam make the playoffs. I don't see that happening, but ya never know.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

Win and were are 3rd; lose and we are 4th in the NFC west. Looking at it that way is one thing, but the W-L records tell the tale. We simply MUST stay even with the Cards, 1 back of the hawks, and 1 ahead of the whiners. We already have 1 loss in division. We will need to be 4-2 minimum to contend for the division.

It's all about tonight's game for the aforementioned AND to wipe the stench off from last week and show all that we are not pretenders.

I believe we can get it done. Yet, Goff has simply stunk it up against these guys. He has to turn that around tonight.

It should be a great, competitive game. Hopefully our Rams come out on top!

Quoting myself. Lol

Mission Accomplished. On to Miami.

by moklerman
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Imagine this continuing (to a degree) and everyone in the West is at/above .500. Meanwhile some crap team from the NFC East crawls in at 6-10 or 6-9-1.
I have many times argued for, at least, Conference records determining playoff seedings, if not league records. With division games only accounting for 6/16 games...soon, possibly 6/17, I think the top records should get in.

My guess is that more good teams get cheated out of a playoff spot the way things are now than if it just went by overall record. With NFL teams playing pretty much everyone else throughout the year, the significance of division record is highly diminished IMO.

by Kid Charlamagne
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Could the 9ers be the best team in the west? I don’t think the Hags are serious contenders with that defense and I’m not too sure about the cards either. The media still loves the cards but to me they’re too much Texas Tech. Really cool to watch but 8-8 at the end of the day.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Kid Charlamagne wrote:Could the 9ers be the best team in the west? I don’t think the Hags are serious contenders with that defense and I’m not too sure about the cards either. The media still loves the cards but to me they’re too much Texas Tech. Really cool to watch but 8-8 at the end of the day.

A fully healthy SF is going to be a tough out. Fully healthy I'd have a hard time disagreeing they aren't the best in the NFCW. That's a BIG reason I'm so pissed we didn't show up and hammer them when they were down and injured. We had a hell of an opportunity and we just didn't show up. Insanely frustrating. Best of the NFC West is SF or us imo. I agree with you on the Cards and Hawks. Their offenses are hard to stop, but they really can't stop anyone either. Games against them are going to be shootouts.

by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

@aeneas1 ...... are you gonna start a new thread or retitle this one?

Rams could be in first place after next weekend.

The 5-2 Cards have a bye
The 5-1 Seahawks play 4-3 SF

If the Rams can travel east one last time and win....and the niners can beat Seattle, the Rams will be in 1st all alone.

On who is the best NFC West team, there are still a lot of games to watch to decide that. I like what the Cardinals are doing. Vance Joseph has their D playing high energy and they should improve as the season progresses. Seattle with Wilson at QB, Metcalf and Lockett doing their thing, are in every game regardless of their shoddy defense. SF is well coached and though banged up will present a difficult game for anybody. The Rams? Consistency needs to be developed and I don't mean win 2, lose 1, though that would get them 10-11 wins. They need to put a string together like 5 or 6 wins in a row. Now. As they said tonight they have the toughest schedule in the NFL to finish out the year. So if they do win the West, they've earned it. If they don't but finish as the first wild card, who can bitch with their schedule? For my money, right now, I don't think there's a favorite. But if they keep playing like they played tonight, in their division games, it's gotta be the Rams.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

ramsman34 wrote:Win and were are 3rd; lose and we are 4th in the NFC west. Looking at it that way is one thing, but the W-L records tell the tale. We simply MUST stay even with the Cards, 1 back of the hawks, and 1 ahead of the whiners. We already have 1 loss in division. We will need to be 4-2 minimum to contend for the division.

It's all about tonight's game for the aforementioned AND to wipe the stench off from last week and show all that we are not pretenders.

I believe we can get it done. Yet, Goff has simply stunk it up against these guys. He has to turn that around tonight.

It should be a great, competitive game. Hopefully our Rams come out on top!.

Quoting myself. Lol

Mission Accomplished. On to Miami

Fixed. I edited my original post. Lmao

by Kid Charlamagne
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Rams/Hags is usually a good game but Russell knows Donald is hunting him and has multiple sack games against him. The bears offense is horrible it was just what the doctor ordered.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:@aeneas1 ...... are you gonna start a new thread or retitle this one?

Rams could be in first place after next weekend.

The 5-2 Cards have a bye
The 5-1 Seahawks play 4-3 SF

i like it....

however, incredibly, the rams can find themselves in the nfc west cellar after week 8 too, despite heading into week 8 with a 5-2 record, crazy.

• 3 / 4
33 posts Apr 19 2024