22 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

if you believe pff, henderson ranks 7th best in pass pro among the 30 top rated backs and grades out higher than brown, whereas akers grades out the lowest in pass pro among rams backs.

in terms of a "tell", not sure there's any weight to that theory - henderson isn't on the field much at all on 3rd down, typically a passing down, he only has one 3rd carry headed into week 7... doesn't matter which back is on the field on 3rd down, it 's the down (3rd) and distance that's the tell, not the back, i would think.

on 1st and 2nd downs, when henderson sees the field, the rams have passed the ball 46% of time and run it 54% of the time, doesn't strike me as much as a tell?

by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Henderson is clearly the best of the three....right now. I agree Akers seems to be a pretty good back too. The season is a long one and things change. Perhaps they will eventually have a 1 (Henderson) and 1A (Akers) combo with Brown being the guy who spells them, like he did with Gurley.

I want to see more of Henderson but I also want to see more of Akers. And in the end, though we'd love a bell cow, the best situation might be multiple backs being counted on equally. Not saying they'd have to have the same amount of touches, just the possibility to go to them regardless of which one is in there.

• 3 / 3
22 posts Apr 15 2024