14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

through week 6 the rams offense has faced the 5th softest defensive schedule (based on offensive points allowed rankings) - the defenses they've faced currently rank 28th (on average) in offensive points allowed, while only one ranks in the top 10.

going forward, starting next monday night, the rams offense will face one of the toughest defensive schedules - the defenses they will face currently rank 11th (on average) in offensive points allowed, while 6 of the 10 defenses rank in the top 10 and 7 of the 10 rank 12th or better.

defensive strength of schedule faced through week 6:

01.png

looking at defense, only two defenses have faced a softer strength of offensive schedule than the rams through week 6 - the offenses they've faced currently rank 30th (on average) in offensive points scored, while none rank in the top 10.

going forward, the rams defense will face a tougher offensive schedule - the offenses they will face currently rank 15th (on average) in offensive points scored, while 5 of the 10 offenses rank in the top 10.

offensive strength of schedule faced through week 6:

02.png

of course these strength of schedule rankings are base on only a third of the season in the books, things can change, offenses can prove to be better or worse than the current rankings once the dust finally settles... that said, like all teams that feasted on the nfc east early, the rams haven't played a lot of titans out of the gate.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think of all the stats you have presented, and they are all incredibly informative, this one is the most telling. It looks at how teams are doing and rated in real time. Now there some variance based on those team’s opponents, etc. But, starting Monday the Rams are about to get tested repeatedly. We are all going to find out what this team is and is made of - and that includes the players and coaches as well as fans.

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

That is a scary prospect. A banged up 49er defense shut the Rams down. A struggling quarterback with a coach limiting his play calling to short conservative passes designed to keep the QB from screwing up controlled the clock against our defense. Is it possible we are not who we thought we were?

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

We're about to find out how good we are along with everyone else in the country.
World Series is off Monday if they go to a game 6. Rams / Chicago are the only game in town under the lights. Big stage at SoFi.
I think we might surprize.

Rams 27
Bears 13

by HellRam
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   436  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Hacksaw wrote:We're about to find out how good we are along with everyone else in the country.
World Series is off Monday if they go to a game 6. Rams / Chicago are the only game in town under the lights. Big stage at SoFi.
I think we might surprize.

Rams 27
Bears 13

Hope you're right!

One thing is for sure this is a big game like you said. Are we a legitimate playoff team sitting at 5-2 or just a slightly above average team fighting for a playoff spot at 4-3. This team is starting to feel like last years team but with maybe a better defense? No team has straight gone off on us unlike last year.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I think of all the stats you have presented, and they are all incredibly informative, this one is the most telling. It looks at how teams are doing and rated in real time. Now there some variance based on those team’s opponents, etc. But, starting Monday the Rams are about to get tested repeatedly. We are all going to find out what this team is and is made of - and that includes the players and coaches as well as fans.

current rankings of the defenses the rams offense has already faced vs will face going forward, and current rankings of the offenses the rams defense has already faced vs will face going forward, top 10 rankings in red:

z01.png

total strength of schedule rankings headed into week 7. i.e. combined offense and defense strength of schedules.... the top 10 teams in toughest sos faced own a combined 18-37-1 record, while only 1 has a winning record... the bottom 10 teams, which include the rams, own a combined 39-17-1 record, while 7 have a winning record:

z02.png

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

From Chicago going until the end of the season, with the exception of the Jets, the Rams are going to get tested heavily on both sides of the ball. Hate to say it but I am not sure we are more than a 9-7 team based on what we have seen through week 6. Beating the Bears would make me feel different. Getting to 6-2 at the bye would make me feel better. Coming out of the bye and handling Seattle for a win would make me a believer.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:From Chicago going until the end of the season, with the exception of the Jets, the Rams are going to get tested heavily on both sides of the ball. Hate to say it but I am not sure we are more than a 9-7 team based on what we have seen through week 6. Beating the Bears would make me feel different. Getting to 6-2 at the bye would make me feel better. Coming out of the bye and handling Seattle for a win would make me a believer.

against the two highest ranked defenses the rams have faced thru week 6 (nyg 14th, sfo 10th), the rams offense has put up 17 and 16 points respectively, hopefully that trend won't continue this week against the (currently) 8th ranked defense.

i'd like to see the rams turn in a complete game, they've shown flashes on both sides of the ball but overall have been very inconsistent.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

aeneas1 wrote:against the two highest ranked defenses the rams have faced thru week 6 (nyg 14th, sfo 10th), the rams offense has put up 17 and 16 points respectively, hopefully that trend won't continue this week against the (currently) 8th ranked defense.

i'd like to see the rams turn in a complete game, they've shown flashes on both sides of the ball but overall have been very inconsistent.

As I opined in my other response, THAT is exactly what will change my thinking - a complete game on O and D. Special teams just has to be middling if the O and D are straight. Sadly, there is just no evidence, so far, that they are or will be able to put that complete game together.

The Bears offer a great opportunity, although their O is not all that. There are teams lurking; TB, AZ, SEA, Billichick/Pats who will really test the Rams.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

I am really down o the Rams right now. Funny how a flat, uninspired loss to the whiners will do that to a person. I was drinking the cool aid. It tastes like watered down, sugarless lemonade right now.

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 19 2024