6 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8515  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dear lord our LBs are horrid in coverage. And that’s what it looks like watching the games. Expect more schemes and play calls for opposing OCs trying to take advantage of
that.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Los Ramos are supposed to have great Defensive Backs for 2020, no?

So if Da Bears block with 5 guys, RT, RG, OC, LG, LT for their QB Foles (Bear #6), that means only a total of 5 Bears can go out in a pass pattern right? :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

So we rush our Front Five, the 2 OLBs and 3 Down DLs right, because Staley is not fond of Blitzing. So 5 Rams PassRushers means we have 6 guys back in coverage right?

So Bears have a maximum of only 5 guys out on a pattern as outlined above right? And Los Ramos have 6 guys back in coverage.

SO....
why the fook can't we go Man-To-Man coverage on the 5 maximum Bear potential receivers and still have our sixth DB as a double-teaming Safetyman, huh?

I mean, Ramsey is the highest paid DB in NFL history, no?
Troy Hill and Darius Williams are supposed to be good, right?
JJIII and Fuller/Burgess/Rapp are supposed to be solid, correct?

So, if we are rushing 5 Rams on 5 Bear OLs, and Aaron Donald is ALWAYS DoubleTeamed.....

then one Rams should get thru to at least pressure Foles.....and if we have tight ManToMan coverage for the first few seconds....

Foles should run out of time, no? :?2:

ME: It makes no sense to me, if we really truly believe that our Defensive Backfield is manned by studs, that we continue to trot out that Soft Zone from Staley all the fucking time!!! :roll2:

If we truly have DB studs, then let's employ our personnel advantage with ManToMan press coverage and force the QB to throw into tight coverage and rapidly moving traffic. Let's exploit our (supposed) DB personnel superiority and just win, baby! :idea2:

A lame Jimmy Garoppolo rang up that Ram USSZ UselessSoftStaleyZone to the tune of:
23/33 for 268 yds, 3 TDs and a QB Rating of 124.3. :roll2: :arrow2: :oops2:
NOT GOOD!! :idea2: :arrow2: :x

Furthermore, Staley's decision to NOT put Jalen SecondComingOfNightTrainLane Ramsey on George Kittle all Sunday Night long yeilded the following stat line for the SF TE:
7 Catches on 10 Targets for 109 yds and that 44 yd TD!! :? :arrow2: :oops2:

We either have good DBs or we don't. ManToMan Coverage might determine what we do have DB-talentwise on the 2020 Roster.

One thing that we do know? That USSZ (UselessSoftStaleyZone) doesn't work so hot, especially in the First Half of NFL games for us!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

As always, JMO.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

I would like to see more man-free (cover 1) and 2-man used against the Bears. They have 1 WR (Robinson) who warrants some bracket coverage which you can do with modified 2-man or play cloud to that WR's side. Sadly, our LB's aren't that good in man coverage, hence so much zone calls by Staley. They just have to tackle immediately if in zone and hope the rush gets home.

by Indrid Cold
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

ramsman34 wrote:They have 1 WR (Robinson) who warrants coverage

Using this slightly modified quote, I'd go with the Canuck Kittle plan and just put Ramsey on Robinson all game long. Practiced against him everyday in Jacksonville.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago

Indrid Cold wrote:Using this slightly modified quote, I'd go with the Canuck Kittle plan and just put Ramsey on Robinson all game long.
No Doubt. Don’t get all cute with Blitzing Ramsey. Blitz Rapp if you want to send a DB. Blitz Reeder at ILB. Solves coverage weakness on at least those two snaps. Lol

• 1 / 1
6 posts Apr 15 2024