99 posts
  • 10 / 10
 by moklerman
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:I missed most of the game on the drive home from Palm Springs-----I was surprised to see that Jalen Ramsey wasn't assigned to just cover Diggs. Playing against a team that has one superior receiver, I thought we would use our shutdown corner on their best wide out.
Not so sure that would have been what you're hoping. Ramsey cost us today on more than one play. His freelancing and getting beaten were not helpful.

by Rocky Landing
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

safer wrote:I missed most of the game on the drive home from Palm Springs-----I was surprised to see that Jalen Ramsey wasn't assigned to just cover Diggs. Playing against a team that has one superior receiver, I thought we would use our shutdown corner on their best wide out.
On Diggs' TD reception, he ran around Ramsey like a maypole.

by RedAlice
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Intense game.

I personally don’t feel bad for this loss.

Yes, we coulda won. But my god we were facing a straight up blow out and came back. I feel proud.

by Ramsdude
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:Intense game.

I personally don’t feel bad for this loss.

Yes, we coulda won. But my god we were facing a straight up blow out and came back. I feel proud.

Proud and worried at the same time! I hope this wakes up our D and they start tackling better and stop leaving people wide open. Too many easy passes were given up this week. I could only imagine what Wilson or Rogers would do against this kind of D.

by Elvis
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsrams wrote:Yeah, a little thin at RB this week.

Hoping for a great game. Got Canuck asleep in the guest bedroom, come Sunday, much libations shall flow, and we’ll find out what kind of team we have this year.

In our talks, rather disappointingly, we have failed to come up with disagreements. Both agree that the OL and ILB’s have surpassed expectations to date. Need a more consistent pass rush outside of AD.

We are both on the “ so far, so good train” and we both hope we can keep that going.

Fun season so far.

You guys still drunk?

by safer
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
Pro Bowl

I watched the entire game last night for the first time.
98% of what went bad was entirely on our secondary.
1) D was stout vs the run
2) THE biggest reason we lost was because of our secondary, a supposed strength. Literally, there must have been 6 or 7 totally blown coverages. Yeah, Ramsey did not have a good game, but I was encouraged by his demeanor after his screw ups. I'd bet a bad game like this will fire him up. I don't recall ever seeing more blown coverages in an NFL game. They were that bad in the first half.
3) The oline did give up sacks in the first half, but were quite stellar with the running plays the entire game. They looked pretty damn good to me vs. a top 5 D.
4) McVay has revamped our O with so much focus on the running game (which he abandoned at times last year)--our O, this year, is already on par with two years ago EXCEPT for our not having elite deep speed at wideout.
5) McVay admitted he made two majorly bad decisions---trying a 52 yd FG into the swirling wind, and then going for it on fourth and four at midfield. BOTH cost us TD's.

by ramsrams
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:You guys still drunk?

Surprisingly, we kind of took it easy on Sunday. Admittedly, that’s relative. He got in last Wednesday, and at least my tolerance ain’t what it used to be. Had a good few nights, though.

Actually, I just looked at the room where I keep the empties. I may have underestimated.

Bought a bottle of Slivovitz to honor an old tradition we have. Still awful stuff. Bought a bottle of Patron to balance that out. We finished the Patron. Many beers, margaritas, caesars ( Canadian drink that Canuck took a shine to), Mikes Hard Lemonade, rye, vodka, Baileys, and Grand Marnier.

He left Monday to visit his Mom down in the Niagara Region. Goes back home next Tuesday. Might be back here for the Monday Night game.

And since this is the Bills game thread, I haven’t seen anyone comment on Josh Reynolds play. He’s not going to have the eye-popping numbers as the 4th or 5th option.

All he’s doing is catching everything thrown to him.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

The opening criticisms in this video essay sound a bit harsh, but it really is all in praise. This is great.

by CRamsFly
3 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   176  
Rookie

Thanks for posting this Ronin. Enjoyed the video - I think Brett tends to be an over-optimist of the future but I really appreciate his analysis of how the Rams tweaked the running game to be more effective.

Why I say that Brett tends to be an over-optimist of the future is that on most of his videos, he analyzes what someone/team does well and projects that to the future, without accounting for the fact that other teams will adjust/catch-up. So for a team/player to continue doing well, they have to continue to evolve. On most of his videos, his analyzes what and why Mahomes/Murray/Jackson/Rams/Chiefs/etc. are doing very well (analysis) and then projects that they will continue to do those things well (projection). I have no problem with his analysis, but his projections tend to be overly optimistic (in my opinion).

Still, I really value his analysis of the what we are seeing very much.

• 10 / 10
99 posts Apr 19 2024