5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Los Ramos are clearly a NFL Team that does not suffer fools kindly!
To wit, in the 20 weeks since former NFL First Round Picks Clay Mathews and Todd Gurley were cut from the Rams roster, an additional 12 bodies have been cut/waived, bringing the 2020 Ram Off Season/TC Body Count to 14 since March 19th when Gurley and Mathews were jettisoned.

DATE....RAMS PLAYER....POS.....NFL START PLACE/YR
4/08....BRANDON COOKS..WR...1ST RD. NEW ORLEANS 2014 (TRADED TO HOUSTON)
4/27....JEFF HOLLAND...LB......UDFA DENVER 2018
5/15.....TANZEL SMART...DT......RAMS 6TH RD (189TH) 2017

7/26....GREG DORTCH....WR.....UDFA NY JETS 2019
SAME..JAKE GERVASE....DB.....UDFA RAMS 2019 (IOWA)
SAME...NATE TREWYN....OL.....UDFA TAMPA BAY 2019
SAME...ETHAN WOLFE....TE.....UDFA TENNESSEE TITANS 2018

8/01.....DAVID BITULI.....LB.....UDFA RAMS 2020 (TENNESSEE)
SAME...JAMES GILBERT...RB...UDFA RAMS 2020 (KANSAS ST)
SAME....GREG REAVES...ER/DE...UDFA RAMS 2020 (SOUTH FLORIDA)
SAME....SAM RENNER.....DT......UDFA RAMS 2020 (MINNESOTA)

8/11....LAVONTA TAYLOR...DB....UDFA RAMS 2020 (FSU)

Seems the Rams Coaching Staff is culling the herd pretty adroitly from where I sit. Some pundits were lamenting the lack of on-field activity with regards to player assessments......seems to be no problemo for Los Ramos to make the tough judgements thus far though, eh!! 8-)

The 2 biggest surprise cuts, amongst the youngins, to me so far are:
Lavonta Taylor...I thought the speedy & most recruited HS recruit outa Virginia had a shot as a Slot CB, or PR/KR with Los Ramos.

David Bituli...Tennessee Vols supposedly had a shit-hot Defense in 2019, which Bituli reportedly anchored. Some draftnik publications had him as a Day 3 Pick, and with our reported lack of stars at ILB, I thought Bituli might have a shot.....or at least as a ST kamikaze-guy.

Rams coaches seem to be cutting the underperformers promptly and unsparingly.....
.....and that's a good thing IMO. :idea2:

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 8 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

So...with A'Shawn Robinson on the Active/NonFootball Injury List.....

we're at 79 bodies plus Robinson for our NFL mandated 80 total TC bodies. 8-)

....with 3 PKs listed as well. :roll2:

by Hacksaw
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I really hope the Rams can land a great kicker out of the 3. If not find someone even though the good ones are all employed.

We got used to GZ who until his back problems was another top dawg. The Ficken experiment and his failures left me frazzled.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 7 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I think the former Hamilton TigerCat from the old Yugoslavia is gonna pleasantly surprise Ramsnation. He's only 30.....prime time for a PlaceKicker! 8-)

In other news, I see Rams Coaching Staff had second thoughts about waiving Jake Gervase, and the former Iowa Hawkeye safetyman is back in horns. My guess is that Nick Scott may be on the bubble.....he was Bones Fassel's guy after all, and Terrell Burgess and Jordan Fuller are McSnead's guys. Just a hunch on my part.

As reported by Elvis earlier, we did waive Brandon Polk the reported 4.29 smurf speedster outa James Madison, formerly of Penn State though, who lost out in the Nittany Lion smurf-speedster sweepstakes to KJ Hamler, the 5'9" 176 lb. WR who went to Denver at #46 overall. Based on that Hamler ranking, I had some hopes for Brandon Polk.....but apparently it's NOT to be! :?

Nice to have some football moves to finally talk about eh!! ;) :arrow2: :idea2:

by safer
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Canuck, my guess for these early cuts is to give more time to look at anybody they think might have starter's potential (more than "depth"), even if it's not this year. I think it could lead to not having the quality depth we've had, but to more dynamic, developing guys they like. I expect we will see more blown lber coverages, etc,as we grow thru this. Man, the coaches have to figure a lot of shit out in a really short time, and that's with a new D being installed. Like you, I like seeing us sorting through this as quickly as they can.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 16 2024