Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articl ... onio-brown

Isaac Bruce: The Rams Should Sign Antonio Brown

Isaac Bruce believes Antonio Brown would take the Rams "to a different level"

ZACH GELB
AUGUST 14, 2020 - 8:27 AM

It remains to be seen if Antonio Brown will play another down in the NFL. The mercurial wide receiver has been linked to the Baltimore Ravens and Seattle Seahawks at varying points this offseason, but would another team potentially roll the dice on the seven-time Pro Bowler?

What about, say, the Los Angeles Rams?

“Absolutely,” Hall of Fame wide receiver Isaac Bruce said on The Zach Gelb Show. “You’re talking about one of the premier wide receivers from the past decade that we have, a guy that was very productive, I think a guy that has started to make the 180-degree turn that’s required to be a part of that team – which I feel he wants to be. We’ve done some things in the past, reached out and got guys that other people [thought were controversial] and brought them in the fold.”

The Rams traded Brandin Cooks to the Houston Texans this offseason but return Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp. Woods and Kupp each had 90+ catches for 1,100+ yards last season. They are very good receivers.

Brown, though, is perhaps the best receiver of his generation.

“I think Les Snead should reach out, see the interest and maybe bring him in at least for a workout,” said Bruce, who played for the Rams from 1994 to 2007. “But a guy of that caliber, you have to work this guy out because he’s a hard worker, great work ethic, he’s very productive, and I think he’ll challenge the people in his room and take the Rams to a different level.”

Brown, 32, has been all over the place – literally and figuratively – over the last year-and-a-half. He went from the Steelers to the Raiders to the Patriots to unemployed. He has announced his retirement multiple times, yet still seems interested in playing.

Why the change of heart?

“I think football has probably been a part of his life probably from his youth,” Bruce said. “I’m talking from maybe 8 years old, he’s been playing football every fall. So just to have that taken away from him, that tends to make the person sit down and just reflect on career choices, life choices and just the results and the fruit that you bore. So I think from that standpoint, anybody being in their right mind can make life adjustments to do something that they love to do.”

https://omny.fm/shows/the-zach-gelb-sho ... -goal-rams

by actionjack
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I was def not in the camp of wanting AB, but for some reason when Ike says it, it makes me more ok with it. Maybe worth a workout and see where his head is at....

by ramsman34
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Why? We spread the ball around too much and need unselfish players to buy into and execute that reality. AB is NOT that guy. And McVay/Goff aren't going to force the ball to one guy simply to placate him.

We have more than enough on offense - with all due respect to Ike.

by Hacksaw
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

ramsman34 wrote:Why? We spread the ball around too much and need unselfish players to buy into and execute that reality. AB is NOT that guy.

Spot on.
And all those other stops, what's our 1st clue? And who do we cut? Where's the money?

by moklerman
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I think this is a case of "Madden think" by Isaac. Sure, the talent is off the charts but why in the world would any coach take on a guy who couldn't get along with Mike Tomlin, Gruden(in this case, very apt considering who our coach is) and Belichick. There is nothing there to suggest he can be a part of a team.

by Elvis
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Unless Bruce has some personal contact with AB and knows where his head is at, i'm a big no like everybody else. Regardless, can't imagine it would happen.

Dez Bryant wants back in too...

by moklerman
3 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Unless Bruce has some personal contact with AB and knows where his head is at, i'm a big no like everybody else. Regardless, can't imagine it would happen.

Dez Bryant wants back in too...
It's pretty obvious that much of the NFL has changed but I didn't think that talent would be blackballed. Are there examples from the past that I'm forgetting or have things in that regard changed quite a bit? TO's about the closest comparison I can come up with but when he was shoved out, he was in his late '30's wasn't he? Teams still gave him a chance every year even though he had personality issues.

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024