113 posts
  • 10 / 12
 by aeneas1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Anyone remember a player, i think his name was Gerald Everett? Did he even see the field yesterday? Is he nursing an injury?

Higbee is now our all time (single season) leading TE in receptions and yards ousting the great Jared Cook.

I guess my camp impressions were right for a change:

"For what it's worth, i thought Higbee was looking really good in camp, guess the Rams thought so too. I think he may have stepped up his game a notch but we'll see..."

yeah, everett's been injured, missed 3 games in a row, 12, 13 and 14, saw the field for just 4 snaps in game 15, and none in game 16, my guess is mcvay would have rather had everett in there instead of mundt if at all possible...

by Elvis
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, everett's been injured, missed 3 games in a row, 12, 13 and 14, saw the field for just 4 snaps in game 15, and none in game 16, my guess is mcvay would have rather had everett in there instead of mundt if at all possible...

I'm not sure that's true. Mundt plays more of a fullback/ H-back role, it's kind of his own position...

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

4 straight games of 11+ targets to end the year was something we haven't seen from the TE, that's for sure. Kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and have him come back to Earth but he seems to catch and run pretty well. That one "oh, so close" target against the Cardinals would have been a nice gainer to put him over 100 yards for the 5th game in a row. In a meaningless game, I was really rooting for that landmark but still a good showing. Rams have never really had a top TE threat in the passing game. Holohan, Barber, Cook...all solid but not that top tier of TE pass catchers. Higbee's actually bigger than Tony Gonzalez.

by aeneas1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm not sure that's true. Mundt plays more of a fullback/ H-back role, it's kind of his own position...

sure he (mundt) does, but it's not like the rams play two tight ends and mundt... anyway, the only time mundt really saw the field this season was when everett was out, and my guess is everett wasn't healthy the final two games of the season or he would have probably been in..

snaps:

01.png

by PARAM
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Rams have never really had a top TE threat in the passing game. Holohan, Barber, Cook...all solid but not that top tier of TE pass catchers. Higbee's actually bigger than Tony Gonzalez.

To be fair, the game and the position has evolved quite a bit since Holohan's days with the Rams but he was #3 in TE receptions in 1988 and 89. The great one's who came before like Ozzie Newsome, Dave Casper, Raymond Chester were great but the passing game hadn't morphed to what it became. Kellen Winslow was the first standout TE and in 1980 with Coryell and Fouts he had 89 receptions, 30 more than the #2 TE. I guess from that point on it was a search to find "the next" Kellen Winslow.

by ramsrams
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

I will bite on Jack’s thread.

This has to be “ Post of the Year “.

A good one for laughs.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Well, Higbee had his breakout year in his 4th season. I always felt if a player's gonna have his breakout season, it would be year 3. That is when the light goes on and the game starts to slow down if he's a legit starter caliber player. Higbee took a year longer.

I though this might be Everett's year. He had his moments but couldn't do it in consecutive games very often. The injuries have hurt him too. I think with the investment in Higbee, next year might be Everett's final year in a Rams uniform. Unless he finally breaks out. But he will have to stay healthy.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

THE HIGBEE PHENOMENON EXPLAINED BY MOTHER NATURE

The puzzlement of Tyler Higbee is (for me) now clear to see
As per my OP, Higbee's first 4 years, he averaged only 1 TD....
Then late in 2019 what did Ramsnation suddenly come to see?
Twas that Higbee out-of-the-blue John Mackey pass-catching spree!

I now get the cause of why this Higbee emergence did come around...
For in NATURE we see 4 years dormancy followed by big growth abound! :idea2:
I am talking of China, not COVID!.... but about a plant in Sino ground....
Where with these small shoots for 4 years, little growth seen or found. :cry2:

Then in year 5 this Chinese plant arrives with HUGE growing to do...
Look it up!... 90 feet of new growth in Year Five....who the fuck knew???!! :shock2:
So I say my questioning Tyler Higbee was not mean, crass, vile, nor taboo....
It was just my unawareness that Higbee was genetically BAMBOO!! :lol2:

CRW

• 10 / 12
113 posts Apr 16 2024