874 posts
  • 33 / 88
 by aeneas1
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

the rams immediately doubled in value after leaving st.louis, from 1.5 billion to 3 billion, today the rams are valued at 4 billion... so the $24 million law suit represents 1.6% of the initial increase in value, and less than 1% of the current value, guess stan will be ok after he divvies up.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:the rams immediately doubled in value after leaving st.louis, from 1.5 billion to 3 billion, today the rams are valued at 4 billion... so the $24 million law suit represents 1.6% of the initial increase in value, and less than 1% of the current value, guess stan will be ok after he divvies up.

I think you're getting your lawsuits crossed up. Maybe Elvis needs to adjust the headline.

The $24 million lawsuit in the headline was for us PSL owners and it is done, closed and we've gotten our refunds. (I put ours into the vacation fund for a game in LA or somewhere else.)

This second lawsuit that just got rejected by the US Supreme Court today is a couple of big law firms here rolling the dice on winning billable hours and a slice of a settlement with the risk of getting nothing. As I understand it St. Louis isn't pushing it, but they're not stopping it.

This lawsuit is a couple of things: Stan getting to buy Rams park for $1 in 2025, the $20 million to $30 million St. Louis spent when Demoff said he liked the Riverfront stadium and asked for revisions plus bigger damages from the NFL.

by Hacksaw
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:Yes it is petty. But what is there to lose?

Face. But it might feel a bit like breaking even.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Face. But it might feel a bit like breaking even.

Old joke:
What do you call a thousand lawyers chained together at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

Sadly I think this is just a law firm seeing dollar signs and rolling the dice for a big payday. BUT the story still goes that when the youth soccer association moved into Rams Park they were surprised to see desks and file cabinets not completely cleaned out. There weren't any "ah-ha" smoking gun items: but supposedly the guns are there and they were warm enough.

by Snow Man
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

St. Loser Fan wrote:I think you're getting your lawsuits crossed up. Maybe Elvis needs to adjust the headline.

The $24 million lawsuit in the headline was for us PSL owners and it is done, closed and we've gotten our refunds. (I put ours into the vacation fund for a game in LA or somewhere else.)

This second lawsuit that just got rejected by the US Supreme Court today is a couple of big law firms here rolling the dice on winning billable hours and a slice of a settlement with the risk of getting nothing. As I understand it St. Louis isn't pushing it, but they're not stopping it.

This lawsuit is a couple of things: Stan getting to buy Rams park for $1 in 2025, the $20 million to $30 million St. Louis spent when Demoff said he liked the Riverfront stadium and asked for revisions plus bigger damages from the NFL.

Yes it is a different lawsuit and I originally posted it as a new topic but it got moved over here.

Not complaining, just explaining.

by Hacksaw
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Thanks for the clarification..

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

This is the same lawsuit where they are going after the money gained by the other 28 teams for what the Rams paid to relocate.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Supposedly 42 deposition notices went out to team and key NFL HQ personnel. Apparently the goal is to complete the depositions between September and the end of 2020.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 21e79.html
Kroenke, Demoff and Goodell among those requested for depositions in relocation lawsuit against Rams

Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke, Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell are on the long list of names requested for depositions by the lawyers representing St. Louis in the region's ongoing relocation lawsuit against the Rams and the NFL.

Lawyers representing the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Authority Complex and the city and county of St. Louis on Friday filed a notion to take deposition for 42 names.

The list includes NFL officials who were intimately involved in the relocation process that led to the Rams moving to Los Angeles, including former NFL vice president Eric Grubman, who served as the league's point man on the relocation process; San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos, who pitched the relocation plan the league rejected; former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who reportedly pushed for the Rams to remain in St. Louis; and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who helped lead the charge for the Rams' return to California.

The relocation lawsuit, filed in April 2017 by the dome authority, St. Louis and St. Louis County against the Rams, the NFL and 31 other NFL teams and owners, alleges breach of contract, fraud, illegal enrichment and interference in business by the Rams and the NFL, causing significant public loss.

The U.S. Supreme Court in April 2020 declined to consider the Rams' request to steer the case toward private closed-door arbitration, meaning the lawsuit will either be settled or see its day in court.

A jury trial is set to begin October 25, 2021.

This story will be updated.

• 33 / 88
874 posts Apr 19 2024