CLOSE
342 posts
  • 34 / 35
 by St. Loser Fan
5 months ago
 Total posts:   6201  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

This is the same lawsuit where they are going after the money gained by the other 28 teams for what the Rams paid to relocate.

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Supposedly 42 deposition notices went out to team and key NFL HQ personnel. Apparently the goal is to complete the depositions between September and the end of 2020.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 21e79.html
Kroenke, Demoff and Goodell among those requested for depositions in relocation lawsuit against Rams

Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke, Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell are on the long list of names requested for depositions by the lawyers representing St. Louis in the region's ongoing relocation lawsuit against the Rams and the NFL.

Lawyers representing the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Authority Complex and the city and county of St. Louis on Friday filed a notion to take deposition for 42 names.

The list includes NFL officials who were intimately involved in the relocation process that led to the Rams moving to Los Angeles, including former NFL vice president Eric Grubman, who served as the league's point man on the relocation process; San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos, who pitched the relocation plan the league rejected; former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who reportedly pushed for the Rams to remain in St. Louis; and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who helped lead the charge for the Rams' return to California.

The relocation lawsuit, filed in April 2017 by the dome authority, St. Louis and St. Louis County against the Rams, the NFL and 31 other NFL teams and owners, alleges breach of contract, fraud, illegal enrichment and interference in business by the Rams and the NFL, causing significant public loss.

The U.S. Supreme Court in April 2020 declined to consider the Rams' request to steer the case toward private closed-door arbitration, meaning the lawsuit will either be settled or see its day in court.

A jury trial is set to begin October 25, 2021.

This story will be updated.

by Hacksaw
1 month ago
 Total posts:   17771  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

NFL vice president Eric Grubman, who served as the league's point man on the relocation process; San Diego Chargers owner Dean Spanos, who pitched the relocation plan the league rejected; former Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, who reportedly pushed for the Rams to remain in St. Louis; and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who helped lead the charge for the Rams' return to California.

And don't forget Houston's McNair. With Richardson's name on the list there could be some push back on their little attempt to collude with Spanos and the relo committee.
Dirty dogs.

I assume LA might have sued the GF/Rams and Raiders although I don't remember that happening. Still seems rich that after boasting about getting the LA Rams into StL (which was a miracle made in Frontiere-land) and how the fans were better so LA didn't deserve them, that this happens. StL just comes off butthurt and petty with this attempt to get a lb of flesh.

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:And don't forget Houston's McNair. With Richardson's name on the list there could be some push back on their little attempt to collude with Spanos and the relo committee.
Dirty dogs.

I assume LA might have sued the GF/Rams and Raiders although I don't remember that happening. Still seems rich that after boasting about getting the LA Rams into StL (which was a miracle made in Frontiere-land) and how the fans were better so LA didn't deserve them, that this happens. StL just comes off butthurt and petty with this attempt to get a lb of flesh.

Yes, we are butthurt and petty. Again, what is there to lose? And spare me the "diginity" line. There's none left for us.

-repay the $20 millionish we paid when Demoff praised the North Riverfront plan and asked for changes.
-give up the claim on Rams Park for $1. Hell, donate it to a youth sports league and write it off.

by BobCarl
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3667  
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:StL just comes off butthurt and petty with this attempt to get a lb of flesh.
Attorneys may be pampering the butthurt with assurances and at the same time laughing as they're carrying more of St. Louis' cash to the bank.

stltoday wrote:The relocation lawsuit, filed in April 2017 by the dome authority, St. Louis and St. Louis County against the Rams, the NFL and 31 other NFL teams and owners, alleges breach of contract, fraud, illegal enrichment and interference in business by the Rams and the NFL, causing significant public loss.

without seeing the discovery, initial contract, depositions, and laws they base their allegations on, it is impossible to render a absolute outcome of this ... nevertheless, there has to be a LOT more brought out in court that hasn't been shared in public for St. Louis to stand a chance in hell.

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:without seeing the discovery, initial contract, depositions, and laws they base their allegations on, it is impossible to render a absolute outcome of this ... nevertheless, there has to be a LOT more brought out in court that hasn't been shared in public for St. Louis to stand a chance in hell.

Yes, there is stuff not being disclosed. Supposedly the story is the Rams left enough info/documents behind at Rams Park to fuel the lawsuit. Like it wouldn't have progressed if it wasn't for what was found.

You'd think they were the Colts escaping in the middle of the night with how messy they were. I guess it was just excitement to get out of here. But if I was in charge there wouldn't have been as much as a paper clip.

by St. Loser Fan
1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Demoff allegedly strikes again..

The one play is to ask the right questions (using the information found at Rams Park) during the depositions to scare the owners into settling.

by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   7172  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

St Louis can have their lawsuit, settlement, whatever. It can be their Superbowl. All I know is the Rams are back home so I'm good.

• 34 / 35
342 posts Sep 30 2020