2887 posts
  • 203 / 289
 by Ramsdude
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:I agree with the yellow pants argument with both blue and bone jerseys. But I've been fighting the issue of "which pants look better with which jersey" ever since the STL colors ditched the gold pants.

I wasn't a fan of the Millennium Blue and New Century Gold unis, but I didn't think they looked that bad with the gold pants. Once those were gone, I thought it looked terrible.

So while I still think the yellow pants would look better on the new unis, I can no longer work up any energy to worry about it. The Rams don't pay any attention to what I think looks good anyway, so it doesn't do me any good to complain.

I kinda liked the gold pants too. Also, the first year in those, they had a gold side panel on the jersey that looked better than after they removed it. I do think they looked sharper than our new uni.

With stripe:

Without:

by rams74
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Ramsdude wrote:I kinda liked the gold pants too. Also, the first year in those, they had a gold side panel on the jersey that looked better than after they removed it.

I have a 2001 authentic home Warner jersey (I think it's a 2001, not sure anymore). That jersey, complete with gold side panels, was always my favorite Warner jersey. I never understood why they removed the gold side panels.

by Hacksaw
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

After reading through this thread it appears our team has never really had a consistant traditional uniform. To many changes. The only constant was the helmet horn (for the most part).
However for a period of time they did have the best one ,, imo. Just not now.

by UtahRam
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

I like those 2000 uniforms too. Those were great togs and I loved the side gold panels too. I don't know why they ever went away from those. The decisions this franchise makes are so freaking puzzling. :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Yeah to above. Another thing to point out: the new uniforms are not replacing the Ferigamos. They are replacing the Blueberries. Those were the official uniforms. The blue Jersey was only worn twice since they have been back In LA I think.

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I don't remember caring about the uniforms that much when they changed in 2000. I was too hyped about the GSOT. But that shade of yellow/gold was atrocious.

Is the consensus that we like it now?

by UtahRam
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   362  
United States of America   Salt Lake City
Starter

Elvis wrote:I don't remember caring about the uniforms that much when they changed in 2000. I was too hyped about the GSOT. But that shade of yellow/gold was atrocious.

I always liked the gold as part of the uniform. I would have rather they stayed with the classic blue-yellow colors but was okay with the changes. Of course, the dome had terrible lighting but I don't think it was a problem at the time of the changes. I started noticing the uniform colors starting to look real drab probably around 2010 or so. The other thing about the gold, as a collector, gold can be a real difficult color to print/reproduce and I saw it with many of the collectible and fan paraphernalia available during the St Louis era. Some stuff looked really bad; the gold would print too dark and there would be little contrast between that and the blue. I have pillows that look like crap among other things. Gold didn't seem to print very well on fabric and some other stuff. Just an observation.
I think the uniform in those pics of Faulk up above look real nice.

by Ramsdude
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:I don't remember caring about the uniforms that much when they changed in 2000. I was too hyped about the GSOT. But that shade of yellow/gold was atrocious.

IMO, there is no better uni than the Ferragamo's (home and away) and I was not thrilled when they made the change in St louis. I had to "get used" to them but NEVER liked them better than the Gammo's!!! I did get a Warner jersey with the Gold side panel that I only wore like one time. Other than that, I really didn't have the desire to buy merch like I did with the B+Y's. The color combo just didn't "pop" like the B+Y's under the dingy dome lighting. I got lots of gifts with the B+G colors but they just didn't give me the same feeling as before.

I think if they would have neutered the helmet horn like they did now, it would have been just as big of an outrage as now. I remember saying the only thing that resembled Rams was the Helmet horn so at least there was that. Even Georgia knew not mess with the helmet horn!

I will also say that seeing them next to our new uni's, the Martz uni doesn't look as bad now. lol

by rams74
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I'll repeat what I said earlier. I was not a fan of the Millennium Blue and New Century Gold uniforms. But I did think they looked better WITH the gold pants than with blue or white.

This is how I felt back then. It has nothing to do with a comparative view vs. the new uniforms.

by moklerman
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I would have agreed with you if I had never seen one of the authentics in person. That navy and gold looked GREAT in person. However, it looked terrible under the reflections of the turf, especially in the EJD. It really picked up the green and made it appear a different shade than it actually was.

But in person, those things were beauties.

• 203 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024