19 posts
  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6643  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:Rams would be in the top 5 if we were the only NFL team in LA, with a new stadium
I think the Rams would get credit for the value of the stadium, which is going to add billions. I mean, the Giants get that credit even though the Jets play there too, don't they?

 by St. Loser Fan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5643  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I think the Rams would get credit for the value of the stadium, which is going to add billions. I mean, the Giants get that credit even though the Jets play there too, don't they?


The value of the Jets and Giants is also based upon 80,000 fans in the stadium paying NY metro prices for tickets, Suites, stadium concessions, parking etc as well as local ad revenue.

Yes, the Rams will move up and should be top 5: but this year’s numbers are garbage.

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6643  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:The value of the Jets and Giants is also based upon 80,000 fans in the stadium paying NY metro prices for tickets, Suites, stadium concessions, parking etc as well as local ad revenue.

Yes, the Rams will move up and should be top 5: but this year’s numbers are garbage.
Not sure it's as much of the team value as all of that. For example, the Giants were one of the best in terms of stadium revenue at $262M in 2018. But their team worth was, what...$4B?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozania ... af2d5e691a

 by St. Loser Fan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5643  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Not sure it's as much of the team value as all of that. For example, the Giants were one of the best in terms of stadium revenue at $262M in 2018. But their team worth was, what...$4B?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozania ... af2d5e691a


Plus winning or being good at anything has almost no effect on team value: just look at the NY Knicks and Washington Football Team. So you are right.

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6643  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Plus winning or being good at anything has almost no effect on team value: just look at the NY Knicks and Washington Football Team.
I don't know about that. We're not talking about teams that just sprang up in the last few years. There is a ton of tradition and past success with the Redskins that carries them now. I don't follow the NBA enough to know if the Knicks ever had a heyday or run of success.

 by St. Loser Fan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5643  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't know about that. We're not talking about teams that just sprang up in the last few years. There is a ton of tradition and past success with the Redskins that carries them now. I don't follow the NBA enough to know if the Knicks ever had a heyday or run of success.


It comes down to markets. The Rams could have won 6 Super Bowls in St. Louis, had a Green Bay like 30 year waiting list for tickets etc etc etc and they still wouldn’t be worth as much as a poorly run, constantly losing team in a big metro area.

Look at the baseball Cardinals. 3.4 million fans a year. Paid off stadium. Ballpark Village with new hotel and 40 story luxury apartment building opening now. New TV and radio contracts. Still suck and land at 49th on that list.

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6643  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:It comes down to markets. The Rams could have won 6 Super Bowls in St. Louis, had a Green Bay like 30 year waiting list for tickets etc etc etc and they still wouldn’t be worth as much as a poorly run, constantly losing team in a big metro area.

Look at the baseball Cardinals. 3.4 million fans a year. Paid off stadium. Ballpark Village with new hotel and 40 story luxury apartment building opening now. New TV and radio contracts. Still suck and land at 49th on that list.
But I thought your point was that stadium revenue was important? The Cardinals big attendance numbers contradict that idea. They have plenty of support and attendance but their overall value isn't that high. They also have history and championships.

So, it seems that "location, location, location" continues to hold true. A 4 bedroom house in the middle of NY is going to cost you a lot more than a 4 bedroom house in St. Louis. Stuff is just worth more depending on where you are. It's not (significantly) about the fans or the attendance.

 by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   926  
 Joined:  Oct 15 2016
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Veteran

I would expect the RAMs value to go up, or at least be in the top five because of location/Market and the stadium...

The sports value will be unknown because of everything that's happening with the CV....

But the RAMs would still fall in the top five because Kroenke, owns both the team and the Stadium....

The Chargers value went up a 1/bil because of moving into a higher market...

But won't get any more value because they are only tenants to the new stadium.

I understand where you take an account of how much a team sells tickets to add to their value....

But without that,,, the only value each team can be valued, is with TV ratings...

I would expect the RAMs ratings to go up,,,, because ppl will want to see the new stadium, with their new uniforms and having a winning record...

All ready, the past couple of season, they have gotten more national games on TV or game of the week since McVay has brought the RAMs into a winning team...

Even though the RAMs didn't make the Playoffs last season,,, they still received five national games for 2020.... The same as the 9ers just coming off the SB.... the same amount of five with SB winners KC...

  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
19 posts Aug 12 2020