348 posts
  • 31 / 35
  • 1
  • 31
  • 35
 by Haden
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1348  
 Joined:  Sep 06 2016
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

To hell with them. All the multi-millionaire anthem kneeler can kiss my ass. Good riddance.

 by aeneas1
1 week ago
 Total posts:   13617  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsrams wrote:Hope it is not a sign, but I was so hard trying to remember Manny Sanguillen’s name as the catcher. I couldn't.

I have another one though. Dave Cash at second base.

damn, can't believe i left out cash.... re manny, murtaugh used to say that manny was the second best looking guy on the club, and that everyone else was tied for first....

 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   17413  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

aeneas1 wrote:i'm a pirates fan so there's that...

A client and pal of mine here in Laguna was the late George 'Red' Witt. He was a pitcher. Pitched in the 1960 WS. He told me many a tale. His wife still walks her dogs by my place every day. And she has the greatest laugh ever.

 by ramsrams
1 week ago
 Total posts:   865  
 Joined:  Feb 06 2016
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Veteran

My favourite baseball line was

“ There are Manny Motas, but there is only Juan Marichal.”

Man, before they lowered the mound, he and Gibson just used to toy with the hitters. Wasn’t even a contest. When you change the rules of the game because because of dominance, you’re pretty good.

 by St. Loser Fan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5678  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame



Supposedly there was a golf and dinner outing that might be the cause. The rumors are flying.

The players unions will never agree, but I think the only way to handle this is to dock pay for lost games due to positive tests.

 by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   17413  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

St. Loser Fan wrote:

Supposedly there was a golf and dinner outing that might be the cause. The rumors are flying.

The players unions will never agree, but I think the only way to handle this is to dock pay for lost games due to positive tests.

I agree with the last sentence with a caveat, if they are proven to have put themselves at a higher risk with social activity outside of baseball.

 by St. Loser Fan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5678  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I agree with the last sentence with a caveat, if they are proven to have put themselves at a higher risk with social activity outside of baseball.


Like I said the rumor is the Cardinals had lunch, played 18 holes at a course 30 miles away then had dinner. Some many have gone to a casino.

Idiots. Too many contact point.

 by JackPMiller
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1357  
 Joined:  Sep 22 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Haden wrote:To hell with them. All the multi-millionaire anthem kneeler can kiss my ass. Good riddance.


I have no issues with any of them kneeling. I do the same.

  • 31 / 35
  • 1
  • 31
  • 35
348 posts Aug 14 2020