21 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by AvengerRam
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:An arthritic knee can flare up with pain and swelling, though that can be managed to an extent.

Fun fact: zn has that sentence tattooed on his shoulder.

by /zn/
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Fun fact: zn has that sentence tattooed on his shoulder.

Lol. Well that's better than you having "zn" tattooed on your brain.

by azramsfan93
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Fun fact: zn has that sentence tattooed on his shoulder.

Backwards and reverse so he can read it in the mirror. :D

by azramsfan93
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:You each took a shot. It's over.

Sorry. Couldn’t resist the layup.

by moklerman
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Have many(any?) said they have "no" faith in Goff? I'm one of his skeptics but that is a different thing.

I think it's completely fair to say that Goff has not been the same since that KC game though. There is no doubt that that game was great. Since then, though? Very few glimpses of greatness, not to mention many great games.

by aeneas1
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

the magnitude of that chiefs game, the circumstances surrounding it, the opposing qb, the opposing offense, and the way goff stepped up and delivered, it was one for the ages, just incredible... that said, i still have to give goff's performance vs minnesota the nod in terms of his best performance to-date, hell that performance ranks near the top of any rams qb performance that i've ever seen, it was stratospheric, especially so given the vikes defense ranked 4th in offensive points allowed that year while the chiefs defense ranked a lowly 28th... after the game someone remarked that goff was so accurate vs the vikes that his receivers didn't have to catch the ball, the ball caught them, ha ha, i have to agree.

by moklerman
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:the magnitude of that chiefs game, the circumstances surrounding it, the opposing qb, the opposing offense, and the way goff stepped up and delivered, it was one for the ages, just incredible... that said, i still have to give goff's performance vs minnesota the nod in terms of his best performance to-date, hell that performance ranks near the top of any rams qb performance that i've ever seen, it was stratospheric, especially so given the vikes defense ranked 4th in offensive points allowed that year while the chiefs defense ranked a lowly 28th... after the game someone remarked that goff was so accurate vs the vikes that his receivers didn't have to catch the ball, the ball caught them, ha ha, i have to agree.
I would say that's a fair and likely accurate argument. Minnesota had a better overall defense and Goff was statistically perfect that day, not to mention throwing 5 TD vs. 4 TD in the KC game.

by Hacksaw
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

/zn/ wrote:Remember, according to Gurley he had knee issues in game 1 against Oakland. An arthritic knee can flare up with pain and swelling, though that can be managed to an extent. Then in game 2 he was still less than himself against the bad run defense Arizona had that year. Then he was fine for several games and then as we know he had another flare-up.

Maybe a bad hit made it worse later in the season. That can happen too. Or hits--probably more than one game. (He was good in the Detroit game, which came after the bye after the Chiefs game.)

But there's no injury he could have gotten in just one game in 2018 that would have on its own caused the decline in his play we saw in 2019. There was no surgery after 2018, so what can happen to a knee where from that point on he's not the same player...yet there was nothing to repair with surgery? The best guess is that an arthritic knee got worse. The same knee problem that flared up in game 1 of 2018.

Since no one will tell us, it's hard to know what he felt, or if his "arthritic" knee was a result of wear and tear or an injury.
I do remember him say that about Oak. , , still I watched every game closely and that one hit in the KC game was the one where I noticed a change. He got pulled down / hit from behind and the Chefs player landed on Gurley's lower leg stretching it while the knee was ground into the sideline turf. Late hit way OB too, and no call.
He seemed OK up to that point but only showed flashes afterward.

by /zn/
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Since no one will tell us, it's hard to know what he felt, or if his "arthritic" knee was a result of wear and tear or an injury.
I do remember him say that about Oak. , , still I watched every game closely and that one hit in the KC game was the one where I noticed a change. He got pulled down / hit from behind and the Chefs player landed on Gurley's lower leg stretching it while the knee was ground into the sideline turf. Late hit way OB too, and no call.
He seemed OK up to that point but only showed flashes afterward.

In the Detroit game he was fine though. That was 2 weeks after KC (which included a bye). Against the Lions he had 132 yards on 23 carries, including a 36 yarder (and averaging 4.36 a carry per carry on the other 22).

So I am just reluctant to put it all on one hit. Hits can make arthritis go off, and that looks like what happened, I'm just not sure it was one particular hit that explains it.

• 2 / 3
21 posts Apr 24 2024