22 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

These maps are super dumb. The “favorite restaurant” one that hit a few weeks ago was especially egregious as I think they had In-n-Out as Iowa’s and Rainforest Cafe as Colorado’s.

Pelicans in Louisiana?
Bucks in Wisconsin?
Marlins in Florida?
SuperSonics in Washington?
Sox in Illinois?
Chargers in California?

I think they purposely post crazy shit as clickbait.

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

What do you expect from Bars Tool Sports, , or is it BarFly?

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

While I doubt the Chargers are more popular than the Rams, the fact that it's even a conversation is an indictment on the Rams. IMO, the Rams have very weak footing in California relative to how popular they should be. It has long been that way. Since the '80's really. Rams have stints as a "good" team with a following but they never, not since I've been following them, EVER reach the mad following that teams like the 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. have had.

by Elvis
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:While I doubt the Chargers are more popular than the Rams, the fact that it's even a conversation is an indictment on the Rams. IMO, the Rams have very weak footing in California relative to how popular they should be. It has long been that way. Since the '80's really. Rams have stints as a "good" team with a following but they never, not since I've been following them, EVER reach the mad following that teams like the 49ers, Raiders, Cowboys, Steelers, etc. have had.

Leave it to you to take something so obviously wrong and stupid and try and make into an indictment of the Rams.

Niners, Warriors, Giants, Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, they're all way more popular in California than the Chargers, it's not even close.

There's no conversation...

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I just noticed Ohio State as Michigan’s favorite. Yeah, this is crap.

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Leave it to you to take something so obviously wrong and stupid and try and make into an indictment of the Rams.

Niners, Warriors, Giants, Lakers, Dodgers, Rams, they're all way more popular in California than the Chargers, it's not even close.

There's no conversation...
Rams are not even in those other team's class when it comes to popularity. And haven't been for a long while. The Rams have relatively tepid support in LA/CA. They are in the 2nd largest media market and are far behind other CA teams and not even in the conversation with teams that have a national following.

Chargers have pretty terrible support but that's the point. The general perception is that the Chargers and Rams are basically interchangeable. Tepid support in LA and really no national footprint. There are probably still more Raiders and Cowboys fans in LA than Rams fans.

by Elvis
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:The general perception is that the Chargers and Rams are basically interchangeable.

You're the only person who perceives it that way.

All you have to do is check ticket/ssl sales and prices for each team to see how utterly terrible your take is...

by Kid Charlamagne
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

by AvengerRam
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I can assure you that the Marlins are not even close to the most popular team in Florida. Dolphins, Bucs, Heat, Gators, Seminoles, Hurricanes...

• 1 / 3
22 posts Apr 16 2024