473 posts
  • 17 / 48
 by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

BobCarl wrote:Yes, I AGREE 1000%

But for some reason that I can't figure out why ... why I feel genuinely respected when people call me by the pseudonym I give them.

Times change and I will call anyone whatever they want. But I always start with it more formal. They can tell me what they prefer.
I actually have an odd time now as all my kids friends call all adults (save for their teachers) by their first names. I always felt this was off putting to me but my kids started getting singled out for using Mr. and Mrs. and I don't want them any more issues in life than they already have. So we came up with a compromise (which I hear more and more people using) is calling people Mr. First name. So my good friend when he comes over is referred to Mr. Tim by my kids. It keeps things respectful but also casual.
To tie into this threads topic, same goes with racial description. Not that I address people by that but if someone wants to be called brown, fine, Ill call them brown. If another wants Hispanic, Ill refer to them as that. But what we often forget is each group of people have as many different opinions as the next. Almost no group will ever totally agree on anything. So like much of life, I at least attempt to take things person by person.

by Will0120
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

HighRoller wrote:Well, this is the first definition I found. From Websters:

Definition of fascism:

1) often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2) a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control
early instances of army fascism and brutality

Looks like BLM and ironically ANTIFA to me.

So... :roll2: :roll2: :roll2: .........right back atcha.

If those definitions read anywhere close to the BLM movement to you, we sure as hell aren't reading/watching the same news source. I guess joke's on me ultimately for debating with such lost causes of people on an internet forum to start with though. Oh well, at least some of us will live and learn I guess. :roll2:

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:
If those definitions read anywhere close to the BLM movement to you, we sure as hell aren't reading/watching the same news source. I guess joke's on me ultimately for debating with such lost causes of people on an internet forum to start with though. Oh well, at least some of us will live and learn I guess. :roll2:

You don't see that BLM is a movement that puts race above the individual? That it is proposing severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition?

May not meet EVERY aspect of fascism but it's in the ballpark.

by aeneas1
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

There’s a Washington football bombshell coming and it’s not about the name
https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/a-washing ... -redskins/

The removal of a racist nickname won’t end Daniel Snyder’s problems.

Not long after the Washington owner announced that his team would no longer be known as the Redskins, a series of cryptic tweets from local reporters emerged, warning of an imminent bombshell set to shake the franchise to its core.

“The warped and toxic culture of the Washington Football Team is about to be exposed in a sickening fashion . . . Again,” wrote CBS’ Jason La Canfora, a former team beat reporter.

Julie Donaldson of NBC Sports Washington also wrote, “What’s coming is disappointing and sad.”

Though it remains unclear what will surface, several other reporters have also been tipped off to news that could be devastating to the team.

“There is much more going on . . . than a name change,” Scott Abraham of ABC 7 wrote. “. . . And it’s not good. I did not get specifics, but get ready people.”

JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington shared a similar tweet.

“A real busy week. And it’s not all going to be about the name and it’s not all going to be pretty.”

It is believed that a Washington Post story expected to be released on Thursday is the basis for the tweets.

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

There's also been talk that the minority owners are selling.

But more often than not these promised bombshells tend to fizzle. One reason is, if the news was so big, you couldn't time its release like this but we'll see...

by Elvis
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rumor is drugs, sex parties going up at least as high as Gruden, we'll see...

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:There's also been talk that the minority owners are selling.

But more often than not these promised bombshells tend to fizzle. One reason is, if the news was so big, you couldn't time its release like this but we'll see...

My guess is this is some sort of coordinated effort to boot Snyder. And I thought its been said he's been out of the country for a while. They could be waiting for his return to strike.

• 17 / 48
473 posts Apr 15 2024