30 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Elvis
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'm a huge Warner fan. I begrudge him nothing, bear no ill will but isn't this a little revisionist?

The way i remember it Warner asked to be released, if he wasn't going to be the starter. He wanted to find a team that would name him the starter. So the Rams paid him a bonus they didn't have to and let him go find a team he could start for.

And as it turned out he only started part of the 2004 season before being replaced by Eli. Then again in AZ, replaced by Leinert. There were 5 straight years where Warner wasn't Warner, 13-29 2002-2007. It wasn't really until 2008 that he got his mojo back...

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I wonder if they’ll cheap out and mostly cover his time in Iowa? Working the grocery, arena football and when he met Brenda? Then the last act is the Greatest Show on Turf.

Also: who plays Dick Vermeil? Must be able to cry on cue.

Ann Margaret is still alive. Just have her play her “Any Given Sunday” space cadet widow roll as Georgia.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm a huge Warner fan. I begrudge him nothing, bear no ill will but isn't this a little revisionist?

The way i remember it Warner asked to be released, if he wasn't going to be the starter. He wanted to find a team that would name him the starter. So the Rams paid him a bonus they didn't have to and let him go find a team he could start for.

And as it turned out he only started part of the 2004 season before being replaced by Eli. Then again in AZ, replaced by Leinert. There were 5 straight years where Warner wasn't Warner, 13-29 2002-2007. It wasn't really until 2008 that he got his mojo back...

What will suck is if the last act is Kurt getting run out of St. Louis and his final redemption in Arizona. And the Rams are the villains.

by Hacksaw
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Tis what it tis. or was.
Hy Vee to MVP will be the story. The rest isnt that remarkable. Other than Brenda's hair.

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I'm a huge Warner fan. I begrudge him nothing, bear no ill will but isn't this a little revisionist?

But if we're being realistic, it goes back further than him asking to be released. The Rams had already "cut" him essentially in 2003. They benched him and they weren't going to give him a shot to win his starting job back.

It turned personal and Martz had decided they were going to go with Bulger. Whether it was Warner showing Martz up and telling him a coach needs to stick with his starter or the Brenda radio call-in where she contradicted Martz and defended Kurt because they were playing him when he had a broken hand, Kurt was in the doghouse and he wasn't getting out.

So, I think it's just as inaccurate to reduce the story to Kurt asked for his release, he wasn't technically cut. The Rams, through a bizarre set of circumstances, gave Kurt his shot but they also unceremoniously benched him, ostracized him and moved on from him. And they were wrong. That's the main point. Kurt still had MVP caliber play in him and the Rams gave up on him after 7 games.

The Cardinals still treat him like a king. And they didn't have to hand him a starting job unconditionally for Kurt to feel the way that he does. They gave him a "chance" to win the starter's role, even over a high first round pick. That's the difference. The Rams shut him out and weren't going to give him that chance, even after all he had done with the team.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Other than Brenda's hair.

The producers will have to get the best hair/wig people in Hollywood.

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:The producers will have to get the best hair/wig people in Hollywood.
Is there anything more cutting edge and funny than a Brenda hair joke?

I mean, seriously. How can there be so many sanctimonious posters here, standing tall on their soap boxes in other threads, who then come here and make fun of a woman's appearance?

Bunch of hypocrites.

She's a freakin' veteran, mother of 7 kids, true humanitarian and has been a terrific wife to Kurt Warner. It's truly disgusting how petty, little worms think they can make fun of her. Show just a "little" class Rams fans or at least act your age.

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Is there anything more cutting edge and funny than a Brenda hair joke?

I mean, seriously. How can there be so many sanctimonious posters here, standing tall on their soap boxes in other threads, who then come here and make fun of a woman's appearance?

Bunch of hypocrites.

She's a freakin' veteran, mother of 7 kids, true humanitarian and has been a terrific wife to Kurt Warner. It's truly disgusting how petty, little worms think they can make fun of her. Show just a "little" class Rams fans or at least act your age.

She is wonderful and I praise her all around. In addition she laughs about her hair and clothing choices and embraces the humor in it.

It still amazes me that they still do their winter coat drive here in St. Louis. They’ve partnered with the Blues now and she even came back to drop the puck before a game a year or two ago.

There’s also some off the field non football reasons they like Arizona more. Their one child with special needs supposedly found a school they clicked with there and that led into the the assisted living program they’re trying to expand. Plus it sounds silly but apparently Brenda has bad spring/summer allergies that really wore on her in the Midwest and now doesn’t have in Arizona.

• 2 / 3
30 posts Apr 16 2024