34 posts
  • 4 / 4
 by BobCarl
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

UtahRam wrote:But first, fire Dumoff.
Agreed 100%, however he helped Kroenke increase his wealth by massive amounts. The Value of the Rams must have at least doubled, if not more.

... Stan needs to sell the team and take a cruise.
Stanley owns the $300 million Oceanco yacht Jubilee, he gets to have his cake and eat it too ... Fisher was just a farm hand who did the heavy lifting.

My guess is that Fish now gets consulting fees from Kroenke for non-football/figure-head matters.

by moklerman
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Fisher had every opportunity to keep his job even if the primary reason he was hired was because of his experience during the Oilers/Titans move from Houston. Which seems unlikely. I mean, what did Fisher provide that Coach X couldn't have done under the same circumstances? No, Fisher was the biggest named coach available when he was hired and ESK went out and got him.

Subsequently, coincidentally, the Rams wound up moving and Fisher happened to have previous a previous experience which was similar. But his job was to win games and improve the culture of the Rams. To some extent, he did the former and more, he did the latter. There's no denying that he improved the Rams. Granted, the bar was set pretty low but ultimately, a variety of previous coaches couldn't even eclipse that so Fisher still gets his due for making the Rams better, competitive and borderline winners and playoff contenders.

I'm no Fisher fan but the implication is that he was brought in to strategically tank the team so it could move but I don't agree with that at all. He wasn't throwing games, he was just limited by an archaic approach to the current NFL.

by Elvis
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Fisher took the team from laughing stock to respectable in his first season. Problem is he never took them further and there were some real systemic/philosphical coaching reasons holding him back.

McVay immediately took us to the next level.

I don't want anyone fired. Seems to me the Rams are doing it right...

by rams74
3 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Fisher took the team from laughing stock to respectable in his first season. Problem is he never took them further and there were some real systemic/philosphical coaching reasons holding him back.

McVay immediately took us to the next level.

I don't want anyone fired. Seems to me the Rams are doing it right...

I agree completely. Jeff Fisher has become a laughingstock himself, and I'm not comfortable with that. I never wanted him hired in the first place, and I wanted him gone. But he's a good guy. And there were Rams' players who would have run through walls for him. I don't think you could say the same thing about Spagnuolo or Linehan.

• 4 / 4
34 posts Apr 16 2024